after i got the pclll r

The best way is to take it to an authorized Dynojet tuning center and have them run the tuning link.  That will custom map your ratios for your bike and mods (if any).  I put the PCIII on my FJR1300 and mileage went from 43 down to 35-38 avg.  It is still that way even with the tuning link.  The smoothness, throttle response, and 11 RWHP gain is worth the extra thirst to me.

Injected bikes are set lean from the factory to meet emissions.  When you optimize for power and low speed throttle response, it requires a pretty major richening of mix, especially if you add aftermarket cans.

I rode a few hundred miles today and when i got home I added some fuel at the 2750 and 3000 rpm ranges...I am doing a trial and error method and seems to be working for me...
Do you do this in one gear - like start out in first and slowly accelerate through the entire RPM range noting where it's running smooth and where it's not? Or do you just ride normally through all gears and whenever it's rough, look down and see what RPM it's at?

I'm getting a PowerCommander for my other bike next week and have been wondering about self-tuning it.

Back