aftermarket pump,reg,filter questions

OB_cbxchris

Registered
I`ve seen where several are using the advance pump,nos reg,filter. My question..Is this filter a fuel injection filter? A good mallory injection filter is around 75-80 bucks. I`ve also checked into mallory pumps and regs..part#`s 4309(reg) and #4060FI...this set up will be around 375 bucks complete. I without a doubt know this is a superior pump and reg but I`m concerned about how much return fuel will be going back to tank possibly causing a turbulence in the fuel pattern coming to the pump...this possibly would be a problem with the master pump also. It looks that a person could also mount all this hardware under the tank as a stock set up is. Anyone got any thoughts or info on the master like the pump rates so I could compare to the mallory. I have used mallory pumps in drag racing...they are top notch and its hard for me not to use them. I`ve used this reg on a pro-mod...it worked great....although it was in a turbo low fuel pressure application. Look forward to everyones thoughts.......thanks!

One more thing I forgot...whats this about the vacum line on the nos reg? The mallory has no such place for a vacum line. I have ran the nos(actually a peterson) reg and never used the vacum on it.I cannot understand why you would want to alter your fuel pressure. Thanks again!

Back