Age Old Busa Debate

Age Old Busa Debate - TO CHROME or Not TO CHROME!!

• Chrome

Votes: 95 99.0%
  • No Chrome

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Polish

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just wax it and ride BEEYOTCH!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im more into the "race look" titanium, carbon fiber, magnesium. FORM FOLLOWS FUNCTION.

Um....Chrome?  Gee, I have never seen a chrome bike before, let alone a chrome Busa.  WOW! Are those Chrome wheels?  Never seen anything like it, wait...except on every darn bike out there...  OK I am being a bit of a dickweed....

BUT, There are alot of options to chrome, what about a powder coated frame and wheels that match, how about some anodized parts here and there, how about stepping up and doing something fresh.

I was thinking like a blood red powdercoated frame, swing arm and wheels on my black Busa might look nice and sinister...  I am just saying check out some other options maybe before jumping onto the chrome bandwagon, do something new, fresh, something hardcore...

So yeah, Wax it and ride BEEYOTCH!!! biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1073685314 -->

Um....Chrome?  Gee, I have never seen a chrome bike before, let alone a chrome Busa.  WOW! Are those Chrome wheels?  Never seen anything like it, wait...except on every darn bike out there...  OK I am being a bit of a dickweed....

BUT, There are alot of options to chrome, what about a powder coated frame and wheels that match, how about some anodized parts here and there, how about stepping up and doing something fresh.

I was thinking like a blood red powdercoated frame, swing arm and wheels on my black Busa might look nice and sinister...  I am just saying check out some other options maybe before jumping onto the chrome bandwagon, do something new, fresh, something hardcore...

Right on brother (plus I enjoy the sarcasm). Chrome is overdone. Can't we try something new here guys? That's why I am blacking out what I can on my annibusa to be different.

I like the idea of something fresh like color powdercoating. A red frame and swingarm would like awesome with black bodywork (or even raw carbon, hmmm.)

Enough chrome already!

Right on brother (plus I enjoy the sarcasm). Chrome is overdone. Can't we try something new here guys? That's why I am blacking out what I can on my annibusa to be different.  

I like the idea of something fresh like color powdercoating. A red frame and swingarm would like awesome with black bodywork (or even raw carbon, hmmm.)

Enough chrome already!
Hello?! I'm a former Harley girl! All we know is chrome! tounge.gif

Honestly, orange and black bikes don't need chrome...do something original on those...but, my silver/grey bird would look just fine with some chrome accents...I'm not doing the whole damn thing in chrome, but just a bit here and there instead of black paint would be just fine with me...

REV right on ! check out www.titaniumfinishing.com I plan ont sending out some stuff to them. They did my Honda a few years ago and man it was HOT!!!

<!--EDIT|grabntwist
Reason for Edit: None given...|1073686552 -->

I plan on powder coating all silver and shiny parts black to match the rest of my SE cool.gif

Strictly bidness!!!!!!!!tounge.gif

If it doesn't make it FASTER, I don't want it! biggrin.gif

Can't beat the SLEEPER LOOK, just wax it and go! wow.gif

Josh blues.gif

I really don't give a poop what others have done to their bikes.  I hope that people mod their bikes to what they like.  So be it that it may be what others like.  The goal is to customize to what you like.

Anyway I like Chrome.  I would hate to do something just becasue it is different.  rock.gif rock.gif

T

rock.gif

Iam on that black bike and red candy chrome. Its in the works now just got to get all the parts rounded up to send out. then figure out what parts to make red and what parts to chrome.

I've seen plenty of Busa's & most of them look great.  Chrome looks good, but just seems to be over done.  I wanted my frame & rims chromed out, but kinda swinging toward the sleeper look as well....I think less flash & more FAST sounds like what im gonna do now....With some minor changes to appearance of course....It all comes down to personal preference though, so do what makes you happy..

It's really nice to have your busa to have its own identity...My Busa is in need of that now
1zhelp.gif

<!--EDIT|Busa204
Reason for Edit: None given...|1073716993 -->

I really don't give a poop what others have done to their bikes.  I hope that people mod their bikes to what they like.  So be it that it may be what others like.  The goal is to customize to what you like.

Anyway I like Chrome.  I would hate to do something just becasue it is different.  rock.gif rock.gif

T
I agree that folks should do what they like, I mean it is theirs right, and riding is a lot more personally involving than rolling around in a cage so it should be unique to the owner.  The problem I see is that folks are not even considering that there may be other options out there, other venues available.  Fresh technology and techniques.
Chrome was on my Dad's 57' Chevy...Does it really belong on a sportbike?  

I go out on the bike nights and it's just like freakin Tattoos and body piercing nowadays,  nobody is really expressing themselves they are just hearding along with the rest of the sheep.  "Oh Damn I don't have that pierced..." or "Man I wanna get my whip all blinged up just like Smoke's was in Biker Boyz...."  

What I am saying is that the Chrome parts thing has been done to death, now if that is what a person really likes then cool.  BUT, I see so mutch BS media influence especially with the younger crowd that I fear the concept of free thought or true self expression is dying.  I just went through this with my Bro T, he is dead set on getting his wheels, swingarm, and frame chromed and painting the plastics of his 03' GSXR1000 a pearl yellow with some kind of graphics.  He didn't even know what powder coating is, never even considered what else can be done.  Basically he is just going to follow along what the crew says is cool...  No skin off my nuts really, but after showing him some other possibilities he is at least thinking about what he really wants to see.  I would just be happier if folks would at least take the over all end result into consideration.  Treat the bike as a whole, not individual parts, consider how the things you mod or chrome are going to work with the rest of the bike as a whole.

Did you know that the chromed up bikes are sort of a tongue in cheek snicker overseas? That they are refered to as "Florida Style" bikes?  Not a big deal, who gives a poop, but it might serve as an indication that the Chromed up look is getting a little played out.

Dont think I am totally anti-chrome, hell I still want to chrome the AR-15, and set it off with burled walnut heatshield, grip and stock.  Chrome 20s look cool on the RIGHT vehicle, and a chrome soaked Harley makes a lot of sense... I am just saying that there is a lot of other, (IMHO better) options out there for a modern sportbike.

rock.gif

i like my bike alnatural. i have spents tons of hard earned $$$ down the tube on rides to have them stolen, crashed, damaged (x-girlfriends) or sell and never get the $$$ and time back out it i put in to it. insurance companies could care less about chrome add-ons or add-ons of any type, and it seems once you start you cant stop. i figure yoshi's, tank protector, tinted front visor, and i'm ready to ride! but true, to each his own!

Rev,

I agree that someone should think about what they really want before doing any mod.  Heck that is why I posted a thread for a picture of a black and grey with chrome wheels.  I really don't want to chrome the whole bike.  I just like the chrome wheels.  But at times when I am looking at her, she looks great the way she is.  But you always wonder about breast implants for her, oops got side tracked.  

T biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back