Akrapovic INFO

OB_Kamikaze

Registered
I talked to Lockhart/Phillips(800.221.7291) today,they say the exhaust will come in 2 styles,Titanium and Carbon,both will sell for 895.00,they are 4-1 systems,and they expect a shipment in 4-6 weeks,I ordered a Titanium for my Black Busa.

I just talked to lockhart and they said they have 5 akrapovic carbon pipes in stock. They said they received them in late friday and today is the first day they are on sale. Talked with Robby x228 and I should receive one tomorrow if he knows what he is talking about. He is also faxing over the dyno sheet with one on a hayabusa with 8-9 hp gain without changing anything. It is a 4-2-1 system. I'll let you know Tuesay if I get. it.

Turbo if they recived 5 , they will need to fill the long list of back order's first.Which was in the 40's two week's ago

LP has been less than stellar with me concerning new Busa products as well. Each time I call I get a different answer depending on who I'm talking to. The items in questions (wind screens) have been listed on their web site for a long time. At one time they claimed a finished version was being testing and was about 10 days away from release. Next report a fellow member received said 6 weeks. Status now? Who knows it's a new day! :)

I'm looking at the dyno sheet now. Stock hp was 153.9 and with the akrapovic system it was 162.1. The run was made 5/11/99 at 10:10 am. Maybe he was talking about 5 left from the 40, I don't know. I will have all the answers for you tomorrow if it show up or not. The guy did seem kind of young and all but he put the phone down for a while and grabed the system supposedly so we will see tomorrow.

I finally received the first Akrapovic pipe in the country or better yet on the board. I order it yesterday and received it today. It is a beautiful carbon fiber pipe. The header looks almost as good as my yosh tit. pipe. To me it weighs a little lighter then the micron pipe. Is anyone looking for a micron pipe as a matter of fact. I already have a dyno of this pipe, but I will post my dyno with this pipe in a couple of weeks. Thanks LP for the fast service!

stainless steel ONLY used for dyno testing $500 and i'll pay for shipping. it is 3 weeks old and it is currently still in the box. I won't use it until next week when I will be doing my dyno testing. I am going to test yosh tit, akrapovic carbon, and micron stainless next week on my busa.

Why do you think the Akrapovic will make more power? Their Dyno chart doesn't show it.
Real power gains are not going to come from pipe work with the Busa. The stock system was good to excellent. The Micron is a bit better.
Engine mods. are the only way to gain significant power from here. All these pipes will be within 1-2 hp of each other.
Bob

I agree with you 100%, too Bob, I just like the looks and sound this system has to offer.

Bob, I'm not thinking one is going to out hp the other one by a considerable amount. I am looking for fit, finish, sound, and over all completeness. This is one little test without the mag. fluff or anything. I'm sure you want the best parts for your bike, this is how I'm going to get the best pipe currently out on the market.

Hey Turbo, Since we are the only ones currently in the U.S to have the Akropovic exhaust for the Hayabusa, DynoJet said They would be happy to set our bikes up for us if we were in the Las Vegas area. They have not had a chance to test the Akropovic exhaust system for the Busa yet. soooo your closer to them than me. hehe

Back