Alarm!!!

Bigdawg76

Registered
I plan on doing a few apperance mods to my 08. When all said and done It my attract a lil more attention than normal. With that in mind I wanted to add an alarm just for peace of mind when in certain areas. Looks like most use the Scorpion alarm. Thats a great system but out of my price range. I came across a alarm on Ebay that has all the same functions, even has a youtube clip of a random guy that used their product. The price is only $89.99. Now i now most things that are to good to be true mostly are, and that u also get what u pay for, but I'm not looking for a super system. I just want something that makes noise if someone did try to steal it. I also understand that if someone really wants my bike they will get it, this is something i want to do for my peice of mind.

Here is the link please tell me what u guys think of this system:

Suzuki Hayabusa LCD Advanced Alarm Security System | eBay

Thanks for your help

personally as an ex car audio installer i wouldnt run it... but thats me and thats one hell of a big siren to hide

• ultra-long FSK communication range
• two way range over 5000m
Are you planning to stay close to bike? Does it drain the battery quickly? I always feel a lot better leaving the bike with a good chain and lock while keeping an eye on it.. ;)

• ultra-long FSK communication range
• two way range over 5000m
Are you planning to stay close to bike? Does it drain the battery quickly? I always feel a lot better leaving the bike with a good chain and lock while keeping an eye on it.. ;)

Does it drain the battery is a great question, I'm hoping someone here will be able to answer that. As far as being close to the bike, sometimes I'll take it to stores/mall/restaurants. I even ride it to football practice at a local high school I coach at. Those are the places I'm worried about most. Chain and locks are great also, but that siren sound gets peoples attention to at lease get a look at my bike and if a thief was stealing it maybe they would get a look at them.

I have one of those installed to my Hayabusa, it works great.
The 5 Km pager range is way to optimistic, but it does have a great range.
The siren is extremely loud and it's a breeze to fit it under the seat.
I have it for one year now with out any battery issues.
Using the Hayabusa's alarm wiring makes installation fast and reliable, there´s no need for cutting any wires, even for the immobilizer.
I connected it to the tail light (for visual signs) instead of the turning signals to save battery power even further. Instead of four 25 W light bulbs flashing (that's 100 W) I have a 5 W LED.

Shall I post pictures ??

I have one of those installed to my Hayabusa, it works great.
The 5 Km pager range is way to optimistic, but it does have a great range.
The siren is extremely loud and it's a breeze to fit it under the seat.
I have it for one year now with out any battery issues.
Using the Hayabusa's alarm wiring makes installation fast and reliable, there´s no need for cutting any wires, even for the immobilizer.
I connected it to the tail light (for visual signs) instead of the turning signals to save battery power even further. Instead of four 25 W light bulbs flashing (that's 100 W) I have a 5 W LED.

Shall I post pictures ??

Pics please:thumbsup:

Remote
ImageShack Links Do Not Work

The siren, under the seat
.:.
...and the perimeter module

(In the background in a vivid orange is my home alarm system, Raphael)

Remote

The siren, under the seat
.:.
...and the perimeter module

(In the background in a vivid orange is my home alarm system, Raphael)

You are the man for this:bowdown: I think Im going to buy it. Quick question, is this on a Gen II and did your proximity sensor come with it? Oh and on the vid in ebay the guy was able to start his bike with it. Are u also able to start yours with it. Its not a deal breaker for me but it would be nice. Thanks for your help

I sure hope some more will chime in on this, it looks like a pretty good deal, just wondering about the wiring. Like do you have to hack the wiring harness to make this work or does it come plug and play.

You are the man for this:bowdown: I think Im going to buy it. Quick question, is this on a Gen II and did your proximity sensor come with it? Oh and on the vid in ebay the guy was able to start his bike with it. Are u also able to start yours with it. Its not a deal breaker for me but it would be nice. Thanks for your help

Yes, mine is a GEN II and the proximity sensor came with it.
I do not know the youtube video you mention, but here in Europe all GEN II Hayabusas have a coded key. Inside the key is a micro-chip that is recognised every time you switch the key to ON. So, even if one wires the alarm correctly the bike wouldn't start because there's no key in the ignition. It would be like "hot wiring" the bike and that's what the chip in the key prevents.
Another thing that apparently is different here in Europe is that for the bike to start it has to be in neutral and with the clutch pulled in otherwise when you press the starter nothing happens and "CHECK" appears on the display.
Never the less, a fend of mine has the same alarm on a VFR 800 and his starts the bike just fine.

But here's something cool: I connected the starter wire to the low beam so when I press the starter button on the remote (the one with the lighting bolt) it turns on the low beam. The light only stays on with the button pressed.
This is very handy at night when I come home. It lights all the way from here I park the bike to the entrance of the house. Also doing this at a distance is very useful.

TO FIREMAN

Like I said before, there is no need for cutting a single wire on the hayabusa, just use the alarm connections that came with the bike.
It just needs cutting the alarm wire to the appropriate length and fitting terminals to them. I don't know if "terminals" is the right word, What I mean is those little individual metal "blades" (?) at the end of each wire. Over here they cost around a €1.5 a box of 100

Yes, mine is a GEN II and the proximity sensor came with it.
I do not know the youtube video you mention, but here in Europe all GEN II Hayabusas have a coded key. Inside the key is a micro-chip that is recognised every time you switch the key to ON. So, even if one wires the alarm correctly the bike wouldn't start because there's no key in the ignition. It would be like "hot wiring" the bike and that's what the chip in the key prevents.
Another thing that apparently is different here in Europe is that for the bike to start it has to be in neutral and with the clutch pulled in otherwise when you press the starter nothing happens and "CHECK" appears on the display.
Never the less, a fend of mine has the same alarm on a VFR 800 and his starts the bike just fine.

But here's something cool: I connected the starter wire to the low beam so when I press the starter button on the remote (the one with the lighting bolt) it turns on the low beam. The light only stays on with the button pressed.
This is very handy at night when I come home. It lights all the way from here I park the bike to the entrance of the house. Also doing this at a distance is very useful.

TO FIREMAN

Like I said before, there is no need for cutting a single wire on the hayabusa, just use the alarm connections that came with the bike.
It just needs cutting the alarm wire to the appropriate length and fitting terminals to them. I don't know if "terminals" is the right word, What I mean is those little individual metal "blades" (?) at the end of each wire. Over here they cost around a €1.5 a box of 100

Cant thank u enough for the good info. Our start up is the same in the states so that remote start prob wouldnt work for us also. No biggie for me it wasnt a selling point for me. Good to know it dosnt need any wires cut, I love plug and play.

I think this alarm system is best but most of the time you have a problem with sensor and due to that your alarm system disable the ignition system without generating an alert.So if you have no issue of that than you can install this.

I think this alarm system is best but most of the time you have a problem with sensor and due to that your alarm system disable the ignition system without generating an alert.So if you have no issue of that than you can install this.

Are u saying that this will prevent u from starting the bike?

@Bigdawg76
Have you installed the alarm?
If so, did you have the alarm connections that came with the bike like Alexx described?
I live in Denmark (Europe) but have a USA model Hayabusa K8.
The Suzuki shop said that USA models do not have the alarm connections only EU models.

Back