Another satisfied Johnny Cheese customer!

r1d3on3

Registered
Stock engine, Brock's Alien Head, Bazzaz with AFM, GSXR1000 Airbox tube outlets, ram air seals. Basically following Josh-GOTBUSAS build. Thx again Josh for all the help with everything

Took the bike to let Johnny work his magic this weekend. Johnny said his dyno had been reading low lately so don't let the numbers throw you off. At least you can see the difference in the torque and hp before and after. When I went out for a test ride afterward the bike ran so silky smooth it was unbelievable. Just ask Johnny about the grin I couldnt wipe off my face when I got back. It wasn't the same bike afterwards at all. :laugh:

Before: 175.8 hp - 101.9 tq
After: 179.0 - 105.3 tq

Thanks so much Johnny for fitting me in this weekend! I hope we meet at the mile next March.

08 bazzaz.JPG

Its certainly a fact that numbers dont tell the whole story in this tuning game do they... you have to ride the bike hehe .... glad you like it!

Can you actually feel the dip at 3400 rpm out of interest?

Jza

its certainly a fact that numbers dont tell the whole story in this tuning game do they... You have to ride the bike hehe .... Glad you like it!

Can you actually feel the dip at 3400 rpm out of interest?

Jza

i notice a slight "dip" between 3&4k on my 08, i wonder if it may be somewhat characteristic of this engine design/cam profile etc. ???

nice honest numbers/gain. Glad to hear the cheeseman got it done for you. He's tunned alot of the very fast bikes.

I'm confused and about as old as Rich. You did all the mods and gained 3.2 HP. Somebody straighten me out. You didn't mention MR9 fuel, so I'll guess you didn't use it, and maybe you didn't use the high end motor oil, but 3.2 HP gain with an AH ???

Last edited:
I'm confused and about as old as Rich. You did all the mods and gained 3.2 HP. Somebody straighten me out. You didn't mention MR9 fuel, so I'll guess you didn't use it, and maybe you didn't use the high end motor oil, but 3.2 HP gain with an AH ???

I think he means he gained 3.2hp over his existing map. :beerchug:

yea these were my thoughts as well. Everything might have been already installed and the gain was simply from a change in the tune. Hopefully r1d3on3 will elaborate a bit more.
I think he means he gained 3.2hp over his existing map. :beerchug:

yea these were my thoughts as well. Everything might have been already installed and the gain was simply from a change in the tune. Hopefully r1d3on3 will elaborate a bit more.

I had put 1500 miles on the bike using the afm with a target a/f ratio of 13.4 and applying changes many times throughout. The numbers are from a prior map created by using the bazzaz afm (which I found out from Johnny the O2 sensor was bad and reading incorrectly anywhere from .8 to 1.1 and it was adding too much fuel all across the board).
The 3.2 is average as well. There were spots where I gained as much as 6 hp though over the prior map. As far as the dip between 3&4k, when I went for a ride after the tune I spent most my time hanging out above 4k but I will be riding much more and will be able to play around soon. Also I ran 91 octane, no MR9

I had been tweaking on my map a lot before getting the bike tuned..

I gained like 1 hp on the dyno during a tuning session by a board sponsor, but the rideability of the bike was day and night... point being there is a lot more to tuning than gross numbers..

Heard a lot of good things about "Cheeseman" :) My bet? he does NOT rely on tuning link software for tuning the bike.. :)

does anybody know if J/C flashes ECU's?

he's listed on the list of flashers, but not for sure, and not serious enough yet to flash or make a call. but 1 day......

I just got my bike tuned at Johnny's a couple of weeks ago. I'm using the ECU tuner, Brock's CT single exhaust, BMC filter and pump gas. My bike started out at 174 and ended up at 184. I don't know if his dyno reads low or not but the gain in power was real. Best thing was that Johnny is a nice guy who doesn't mind answering questions (he knows a bit about tuning too :laugh:).

I'll be running at the texas mile this weekend and we'll see how fast the 184rwhp will get me. I may use some MR9 at the mile for a little extra power.

Rich

Rich 08 busa.JPG

Last edited:
Back