Another satisfied Johnny Cheese customer!

I just got my bike tuned at Johnny's a couple of weeks ago. I'm using the ECU tuner, Brock's CT single exhaust, BMC filter and pump gas. My bike started out at 174 and ended up at 184. I don't know if his dyno reads low or not but the gain in power was real. Best thing was that Johnny is a nice guy who doesn't mind answering questions (he knows a bit about tuning too :laugh:).

I'll be running at the texas mile this weekend and we'll see how fast the 184rwhp will get me. I may use some MR9 at the mile for a little extra power.

Rich

if you don't mind, what did he charge?

when you say ECU tuner, you meaning this flashing process?

ecu tunning is flashing. It takes alot more time to build a good map for the ECU. It has alot more "cells" to comb through. Check out smithabusa's ecu editor thread to get some more details or visit his web page boostbysmith. There's alot to play with when your tunning the ecu directly. :thumbsup:

if you don't mind, what did he charge?

when you say ECU tuner, you meaning this flashing process?

Yep - it's the flash tuner/software. The tuning process takes longer with the flasher but it wasn't too bad. I spent a little over an hour on the dyno. Johnny's rates are very reasonable but I don't want to quote a price since it will depend on how much dyno time you need. Give the Cheese a call - he'll get you hooked up.

Rich

I had my 09 tuned here in So FL by Blais cycle of Miami. We did a baseline run with Muzzy slipons and K&N filter . It put out 164.64hp. Then we added power commander, xtre (which seems to be a very controversial piece), 4into1 SS Muzzy header and performed dyno tune. Afterward the bike made 182.25hp for a gain of 17.61hp ! Torque numbers were good as well. Stock as described above was 97.08 and afterward 104.95. From what I have seen my baseline numbers were a little low but the finished product not talking about hp is a dream. Eyes closed I would swear it is a different bike. Revs quicker, runs stronger much sooner. My dyno sheets are attached. Congrats on your bike. :beerchug:

Anybody in So Fl. in need of genuine loving care for their bike should go to Blais. I felt like Blanca had an appt at the salon they took such good care of her. I hear the same for Johnny Cheese. Hats off to folks like these that spend countless hours trying to figure out how we can kill ourselves faster !:rofl: It is an American tradition to take things apart and put them back together better than they were. No where else on earth does there exist folks like Johnny Cheese. Like Bud Light only 'Real Men Here' .

Heres to you 'Mr. I can take it apart and dyno tune it so you can do 200mph fixit man' !:beerchug::thumbsup::bowdown:

Attachments

• Dyno.Torque figs 10.7.090001.pdf
    946 KB · Views: 256
I am debating on running MR9 my first time to the mile. My goal is to eventually hit 200 mph, but after talking to many people and seeing how hard 200 really is to accomplish with stock motor, no nos or turbo, I will be happy to get out and at least run mid 180's plus first time out for a beginner. Then again I may go have the cheeseman map one for MR9 in case I do want to run it first time out. :laugh:

Like previously stated, regardless of hp and tq, the ride is 110% better. It's so much smoother and I could actually feel a difference in how hard it pulled. I couldnt believe it when I test rode the bike. I love it.

Back