Any Cisco switch/IOS Gurus here?

found the command, not the one I mentioned above but...

vlan dot1q tag native

Note, this is a global command, so just do it once you're at the config prompt (not on the interface).

You may (or may not) need to set vlan 1 back to tagged on the 3com as a result of doing this.

<!--EDIT|kod3001
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130335232 -->

So what happened with this?

Did you get it working fully, or did you have to change VLAN 1 on your entire network?

UPDATE on switch saga:

Sorry for the delay...been swamped at work...barely had time for .org
down.gif

Anyway, a guy at work knows a guy studying for his CCIE...well, he was intruigued at my dilema and for the mere sum of some food and drink he came by and looked into it for me...

He was pretty surprised at how 'integrated' the CIGESM is tied into the BladeCenter. There are certain commands that are unknown to the switch and others that MUST be done thru the BladeCenter Management Module.

After some trial-and-error, he was finally able to create a new Managment VLAN and assign the built-in ports to it. We configured the new VLAN on the existing 3Com switches and setup routing between them. Viola! Everything was slowly coming together.

After he left, there was still an issue with one of the VLANs...after I dug into it, it turned out to be Spanning-Tree related; STP was blocking one of the VLANs. Once that was ironed out, the only thing left to do was to setup LACP (EtherChannel) to uplink the Cisco to the 3Coms.

I got LACP running today! The switches are now functioning as they should! I pull one of the links and LACP throttles it back. If I pull both of the links in the EtherChannel, STP takes over and starts forwarding packets thru the other switch! BEAUTIFUL!

I really appreciate all the advice everyone gave. I was able to use a lot of it learning about Cisco switches!

Thanks again!

--Omar

Back