Any gains?

too many toys

Registered
My wife bought me a 2Bros M2 exhaust for Christmas and I was wondering if there were any gains to be had from it? It has the short cans and the mid pipes that attach to the header.

Real exhaust scientists can respond at a deeper level but generally speaking, ANY exhaust mod should be accompanied with remapping/tuning...i.e. install of a Power Commander and dial in at the same time. Otherwise the beni's are 1)cosmetic(looks good) 2)lighter weight 3)the bike has "more of a personality" with more exhaust note 4)in some cases...improved ground clearance. That's my 2 cents! Doyle

The difference in sound is huge, thats for sure. I had a set of Pit-Eck slip ons (I needed mufflers and they were cheap) and the 2Bros is alot lighter as well. I was thinking of trying that ecu re-flash that someone posted about here over a PC III. Any suggestions?

I can only tell you MY experience...bone stock on dyno:157 hp torque:89 lbs........with Full Muzzy and PC III...168 hp torque:99 lbs.....measured @ 4600 feet elevation. The dyno guy said there would be bigger numbers at sea level but others say no, I just know it was a different motorcycle with the PC III! Doyle (ps before the PC III, I had the Muzzy on...untuned for four days...it was louder and more fun but NOT faster)

I dont have much experience with bikes, but I know that cars we have dynoed have made better power at sea level. I would think the laws of physics would apply equally. Lower altitude= denser air= more power. Its that simple.

I dont have much experience with bikes, but I know that cars we have dynoed have made better power at sea level. I would think the laws of physics would apply equally. Lower altitude= denser air= more power. Its that simple.

That's where the confusion/inconsistancy comes in for me....I've been told that when the dyno readout says "corrected".....that it compensates for the testing altitude in the printed results. But my local tuning shop (he drags, LSR and roadraces himself) says he has had many customers go from Reno (4600 ft) testing to beach city testing and still test much higher, even after the "corrected" program at altitude. Sorry to go on a birdwalk with this subject, good luck with your exhaust modding! Doyle

Last edited:
Back