PAIR valve blockoff???

haha, well you wouldn't wanna block it off, and just leave that octopus lookin' thing hanging there all floppin around the front of the motor would ya?

I took the metal tube parts of the pair valve and cut the ends off that bolted to the manifold and welded the holes off and put em' back.

Best Reason too is just this.. So it Runs Smoother... to me Running smoother is worth it, a 1 or 2 or 3 hp increas WOW great but not important, the smooth ride is more important than a few points in hp...

Best Reason too is just this.. So it Runs Smoother... to me Running smoother is worth it, a 1 or 2 or 3 hp increas WOW great but not important, the smooth ride is more important than a few points in hp...
That's the first claim I've ever seen anywhere that PAIR removal/block off does anything for smoothness.
rock.gif
Where you gettin' that info? I fail to see how it could smooth anything out...

If you get a full system do you HAVE to have the blockoffs NE? Is there any reason to get them if you have slip ons or a stock system?
Only a theoretical 1-2 horsepower (I doubt it) and maybe a couple pounds of weight loss (negligible). I wouldn't do it unless I done a full system.

Here's what a PAIR valve and all the lines looks like taken off...
BT,

So if I purchase a block off kit, and install it, will I have to take out all that stuff in your picture?

Stoopid question: Is this the same as pair removal?

Thanks.
II guess you could leave the valve it's self on but you'd want to remove the rest. The tubes that go to the head would flop around everywhere and I don't know if it's possible for hot air and other crap to back track through the valve and tube to the airbox, but I wouldn't want to chance it. I'd remove all hoses and lines if I were gonna leave the valve...

That sounded sarcastic.. I was being serious, it's a great resource.
Yeah, it is a great resource. I've learned a lot here. Now, for God's sake, please change that avatar. That is the most ANNOYIN' little thing I've ever seen!
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1093296886 -->

Hmmm, mine is waving still. I'll look arouind and see what else I have here that I can use. Santa Clause bother you? I have one of him in a high-energy strut.

hang on everyone..............let's go back to the comment about blocking off the air tube for the pair in the air box, that sounds great, especially 'cause i'm not wanting to do a tear down so close to the end of the season.

is that for real though ? if i can find that tube and plug it off it'll give me the same result as removing and capping all the pieces/parts ?

and yes, this is a great site for info and help.

hang on everyone..............let's go back to the comment about blocking off the air tube for the pair in the air box, that sounds great, especially 'cause i'm  not wanting to do a tear down so close to the end of the season.

is that for real though ? if i can find that tube and plug it off it'll give me the same result as removing and capping all the pieces/parts ?

yep that will work I use an 8x1.25 flanged bolt about 20mm long and thread it up the airbox and then put the hose back on.

hang on everyone..............let's go back to the comment about blocking off the air tube for the pair in the air box, that sounds great, especially 'cause i'm not wanting to do a tear down so close to the end of the season.

Yep, you heard it from the man himself... Johnnycheese.
wink.gif
And here's a picture to help you "find" it. It's on the throttle side under the gas tank. It's on bottom of the airbox.

IMG_004marked.jpg

couldn't have ask for better if i was paying cash, really, thanks guys.

my wife is so proud of me for going into the bike and doing all these wonderful things to it as if guided by insperation and intutition. (she doesn't know i can read)

That's the first claim I've ever seen anywhere that PAIR removal/block off does anything for smoothness.
rock.gif
Where you gettin' that info? I fail to see how it could smooth anything out...
Sorry well should have said stops/prevents backfiring...

I got one.
I've never registered a bike in the states so I have no clue if a smog test or something is required. But with out the octopus (PAIR valve and all the lines) can the bike be registered, no problem, every year ?

I got one.
I've never registered a bike in the states so I have no clue if a smog test or something is required.  But with out the octopus (PAIR valve and all the lines) can the bike be registered, no problem, every year ?
I'm not aware of a state that does emission testing on motorcycles. Maybe there is one, but not to my knowledge. If the bike comes with the PAIR system from the maker, it is assumed to still be that way as far as I know.

I got one.
I've never registered a bike in the states so I have no clue if a smog test or something is required. But with out the octopus (PAIR valve and all the lines) can the bike be registered, no problem, every year ?
I'm not aware of a state that does emission testing on motorcycles. Maybe there is one, but not to my knowledge. If the bike comes with the PAIR system from the maker, it is assumed to still be that way as far as I know.
Ok, so whatif they did do testing. Would a bike pass with out the octopus ? Probably not, right. Well, here (in Japan) they do test bikes. and mine is the end of next month. I'll just wait anyway to remove it. tnx for the quick response.

Back