Any truth on Hotbodies exhaust?

Stealth08

Registered
I have been seeing a lot of people talking about the Hotbodies exhaust and it seems very little information is out there about them. Now I am the first person that would say that they are cheap and may not be the best exhaust. I am looking at this exhaust simply because I am waiting to get a Brock's alien head but can't afford it for a while, maybe not even this year. I would like to look at the cheap alternatives for now to get me through the summer. I hate the stock pipes, mainly the silence and weight. I want to loose the pounds and get some sound. The real questions are: will this exhaust burn up my valves? will I loose power? and does anyone have any dyno charts to prove any talk about loss of power or increase?

I am mainly concerned about not ruining my engine or the valves so a little loss of power would be ok with me and I am planning on running a x-tre also, so the slight increase in fueling I was thinking might help the problem with burning up valves but can anyone tell me any definite answers on this.

Thanks for any info, and I respect any opinions on this, thanks

:please:

True but I want something for this year and I am used to a lightweight 1000 and want to shed some pounds soon! Besides, saving the money won't make the Brock's possible any quicker, dealing with wife economics also.

Just remove your mufflers and midpipes, you will achieve the same result minus the expense.

I know, I know. I am looking for any real info on these pipes. I understand everyones opinion but does anyone really have experience with these pipes besides telling me to just remove my pipes. Or better yet, does anyone know of a decent deal on a real exhaust, full system? I am not talking a hundred off or something minor but a real deal. Thanks for any info. :banghead:

I should also note that I have experience with pipes and had an Akropovic evolution on my last bike and loved it but just don't have that kind of money anymore. I am looking for cheap solutions in the short term, Thanks

I have em on my 08 and like em,you wont do any damage to your motor, who told you that?

I had both Hindle full CF exhaust and a Brocks AH on my 02', in all honesty the Hotbodies sounds better then both did and as for HP gain or lose,im sure you dont lose any but wont gain as much as either of the two I mentioned, will you even notice? most likely not as wont your average street rider.

they are not just exhaust tips as some seem to think,they are in reality a short megaphone slipon that does diliver on back pressure.

for $250,you cant beat it.I also didnt want to spend the $$ on a full exhaust at this point only because im planning on going Turbo.

buy it,you wont regret it

:laugh:
:thumbsup: Thanks for the real info on that. You don't know of anyone with actual dyno info on these?

personally? No. but seen reports of
+4 hp

but the weight reduction is priceless,I just trashed the stock cans yesterday,I was keeping them for ...whatever reason but no matter what,I would never put them back on,so I trahsed them,wasnt worth the hassel of selling on ebay for $35(i seen them going for so little:laugh:)

Very true about the selling thing. I usually just keep my stock parts to put back on if I trade in later at the stealership. Sad part is, I used to sell bikes for a couple years and felt bad at some of the things the management would do to people or make me tell them. But as far as power goes, not such a big deal at this point as the bike is not even broken in but I would like to know if anyone has info on valve issues. I have seen some comments on here from people on that but no one has any real info on this, maybe it is just an old wives tale. I know that you need some backpressure but the baffles in these pipes and the stock cat in the collector should be enough to not harm the bike, right? Just don't want to ruin my bike before I go full system or turbo. :laugh:

i have the tailwindz shorties and i bought them for the same reason wanted to get rid of stock and couldn't afford a new full exhaust. but after i put them on they sound great (the 08 sound great with no mufflers) so i never bought the full exhaust i wanted... the cat gives you all the back pressure you need... :thumbsup:

:laugh:

personally? No. but seen reports of
+4 hp

but the weight reduction is priceless,I just trashed the stock cans yesterday,I was keeping them for ...whatever reason but no matter what,I would never put them back on,so I trahsed them,wasnt worth the hassel of selling on ebay for $35(i seen them going for so little:laugh:)

I think Suzuki gets over $1000. each for those mufflers!......why?

Back