Arrrrggghhhhh...what a freakin mess

Lofty, blame it on the area you live in!
It was your Busa that the dealer ridiculously overfilled with oil, wasn't it?
Guess if we think real hard we've all had these "moron" things we did wrong, although your scenario of things is among the top no doubt.

Man, I just read it again and rolled on the floor AGAIN! This is a classic story, I can see myself in that sit, OH GOD!!!

Lofty:

I managed to pour gas all over a real hot engine one day, it simply boiled away. My wife read your post, says she'll divorce me if I bring my bike in the house.

Whats a Florida room, I live in Canada.

Funny story yields some good advice (fuel injector clamps).

Thanks

Sounds like this could be a safety issue. Anyone think it worthwhile to contact Suzuki US and see what they have to say? Seems like this problem is widespread.

Any thoughts?

Hehehee...I live in Ft Lauderdale Florida..hence the term Florida room.

A Florida room is a room in the back of the house, sometimes separated by sliding glass doors. Its under roof but its almost all jalousie windows...no walls.

Its supposed to be for opening all the windows to ake advantage of the breeze. Feels like a freakin hair dryer to me. No thanks... I'll take A.C. any day.

But seriously guys...the fuel injection type clamps are a super cheap mod that might save you or you bikes *** one day. Consider doing them...took me ten minutes and cost $2.49. Cheap peice of mind. Theres absolutely no excuse for Suzuki not using a better fuel line connection on a flagship bike.

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one.. :)

gas smells gone...back still hurts. Laughin about it now.

Its all good.

Bus is undamaged...gotta love that.

Lofty, glad you took my advice... It's the cheapest and best fix I know of. I wouldn't waste my breath on calling suzuki, they seem like they could give a rat's *** ! Call the other number in the manual, that WILL get something done! But only if we all do it.......

Thanks for lettin' us laugh at your misfortune. Sorry it had to happen. As a chiropractor, I gotta tell you to go see one soon though ;-)

-Dave

P.S. That's why I don't mind paying the extra cash for mechanics...I'd probably have dropped the tank on top of everything else, assuming I didn't blow up the entire house.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is the funniest motorcycle story I've ever heard!! It is also very sad as I would not wish that to happen to any rider just trying to take care of their beloved bike. I know I am late on the reading of this story but time does not make it any less funny. I am also very pleased to read that there is a solution to the problem posted in the thread which proves to me that motorcyclists are some of the most friendly and helpful persons on the planet.

My two cents worth; have this story published no matter how short it is. A professional screenwriter or author could not have told it any better.

ciao

LOFTY GREAT MOTORCYCLE STORY! I KNOW THAT ALL OUR FELLOW MEMBERS HERE HAVE SOMETHING SIMILAR TO SHARE,,, BUT WILL THEY??? I'VE GOT MY SHARE PLUS SOME.. I'VE EVEN GOT A AN AWARD NAMED AFTER ME!!, THAT WE PASS AROUND TO EACH OTHER WHO DESERVES IT. ITS CALLED THE "WOODY AWARD" ITS A WOODEN SCULPTURE OF A PERSON WITH THEIR HEAD UP THEIR *** ! I HAD IT RECENTLY FOR PUTTING 2 GALLONS OF DIESEL FUEL IN MY ZX11 ON A ROAD TRIP.

Oh God this thread is Hellafunny. Chevy Chase does Motorcycle repair in the livingroom and And Guys who like to pee in cups while going to new york..LOL..gotta love it. But hey dude, don't feel bad, its a definate that the fuel hose clamps are indeed K-mart edition. When the time comes for me to get under the gas tank i plan on driving the bike till its almost on "E" then sifening out the rest of the gas first (always good to be prepared). I almost messed up my bus REAL bad when pulling up to a Total station. I always use sunoco but i was on empty almost and had to fill up. Well my bus had only 200miles on it And i was admiring its beauty and not paying attention as to how Total has their pumps setup or to what i was doing. Put the nozzle in the tank and just as i'm about to pull the lever i notice the pump is green. I do a double take when i relize i'm about to pump DIESEL FUEL in my not even broke in yet busa! I pull it out and to add insult to injury there was 3 kids about 8 to 10 years old in a car across from me with a "What the F*%K are you doing?!" look on their face. The good lord smacked me upside the head just in time that day lol... :)

speed

this crap has happened to me twice when just tilting the tank up to remove the airbox and is a real fire hazard.some clamps are very week or not completely installed.what a joke.and howcome no check valve on the return liune like the old gpzs?

[This message has been edited by THE MOTORHEAD (edited 20 June 2000).]

Same thing happened to me in my basement. This seems to be a commor story with the first time tank raiser. MY house smelled for 3 days and it happende near my gurage door.

Back