battery disconnect switch

dewie

Registered
I do have a battery tender on the beast but has anyone ever done a disconnect switch on their battery? I want it in a good place easy to get at but haven't figured out where to mount it or even a good switch. Just seeing if my busa bro's have any ideas.

Thanks fellas

I would try to put it out of site where you could just put you hand/finger and just flip it on & off. Not sure it will help with the battery though. Might help slow a thief down a little. Not sure about the size switch. The one I had on my cars were pretty big

I seen 1 for sale for a harley once on ebay and thought about doing 1 for a mod on my busa. Any of the gurus ever do a write up on how to?

I put a switch on my fuel pump relay. Once the switch is turned off the relay is no longer in circuit and the fuel pump will not prime on the handlebar or anywhere unless direct power is on the fuel pump connector. It also puts the bike in FI mode. I figure that's enough to slow a thief down. I also have a roadlok on my bike as well. Plus it never leaves my garage. LOL

You got a write up on that fuel pump relay switch? Might be a good mod some guys here on the org that might not have a garage

You could just put one from a Porche on there. They come to the dealer with a huge red one installed and then the dealer takes it off. Or just a hidden toggle switch that can handle the volts and amps. It will def slow down a theif:laugh:

Nice bit of kit, only down side is the clock will have to be reset after every time its activated. But a great bit of kit to slow down the low life!
Numpty me:whistle: should have read the full package. Sounds like it got the clock side of it covered, then this becomes a great piece of kit. Will be checking this one out for sure.
Here's a good find. Some of you guys might like it. Gonna order mine now. Zhuhai Chennan Enterprise Co., Ltd

Seems like a great product, BUT, I can't find the means to order it. Granted, I'm a little bit dumb :banghead: and a natural blonde so I might have missed it.

Back