Battery Tender Question

Just hit the teens here in Indiana--and the battery tender can't keep up--I went to start it up a few days ago---just not enough juice even though the tender said it was "charged"--

can I leave it on and wait until it is warm or should I take it inside and put on the charger?
this is what i was saying at the top. i would bring it in a warm area and keep it on the tender. i leave my seat bolts out for the duration of the winter so when i find a decent day from now til' march, i can pop in and go. i don't think your battery tender can hold up w/ frigid temps. ???

HPIM0155.jpg

I have Battery Tenders for all three bikes, I had plugs put into the garage ceiling so I have plenty of outlets too. The plug tucks forward on the swing arm nice and snug and won't come loose. I plug it in everytime I park the bike in the garage, your battery will last nearly forever. I am still have the original battery in my '04 Road King.

:thumbsup:
Well, I sure like the two bikes in the picture, so you have me curious about the third ride. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Figure it was about time to hook up the tender, or at least start thinking about it.

Question: Should I disconnect the battery or can I leave it hooked up.

Read a thread earlier that got me wondering and I didnt want to Jack his thread.
Leave it in the bike. Just hook the pigtails up to the battery and mount the plug somewhere you can get to without having to pull the bike apart........then just plug the bike in when not riding and your battery will last almost forever :thumbsup:
I have mine mounted under the edge of the seat (short pigtail with my kit :( ), I can plug the maintainer in without removing a thing. Plus I can run my carry on compressor or anything else off the same plug :laugh:

Well, I sure like the two bikes in the picture, so you have me curious about the third ride. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

The '06 Busa of course, 1961 FLH Panhead Chopper (I have a 6V Battery Tender for it) and an '04 FLHRCI Road King Classic, 95 CID, 10.5:1 forged pistons, CNC Ported Heads, HPI 48mm Throttle Body, Baker 6 speed and a Woods Nightprowler cam. Not that I like to ride motorcycles or anything....

The '06 Busa of course, 1961 FLH Panhead Chopper (I have a 6V Battery Tender for it) and an '04 FLHRCI Road King Classic, 95 CID, 10.5:1 forged pistons, CNC Ported Heads, HPI 48mm Throttle Body, Baker 6 speed and a Woods Nightprowler cam. Not that I like to ride motorcycles or anything....
A kindred spirit!

I want a very large garage with some living quarters attached. Maybe a bathroom for the wife and a place to heat food. ;)

Here is how mine looks while it is hooked up and while not in use. Just put the cord back up in the hole and it will stay there, there is a piece of the tail section that you can put it behind. Both ways will work, I just like this one. I hope this helps.

I did mine the same way. It's hooked up right now.:thumbsup:

Leave it hooked up. It's much quicker/less work when you get done done ridin just plug her in and go inside. This is where mine is. When I'm riding I tuck up above the hole between the tail plastic and the metal bar that runs inside it. Sorry for the bad quality pics, I just went out and snapped em with the phone. Didn't feel like gettin the camera out.

0203090027.jpg

0203090026.jpg

The Battery Tender draws very little current when the battery is fully charged so keep the bike's battery hooked up when it is at home all the time; it keeps the battery from sulfating which makes it last longer and more reliable.

I use a Shumacher charger, full floating (Walmart), I leave it connected all the time.:thumbsup:

Back