Battery Tender Question

DEMMYM

Donating Member
Registered
Figure it was about time to hook up the tender, or at least start thinking about it.

Question: Should I disconnect the battery or can I leave it hooked up.

Read a thread earlier that got me wondering and I didnt want to Jack his thread.

I leave mine hooked up too. Got the plug in adapter bolted on the battery so all I have to do is take the hump off, plug it in, run the wire out through the helmet lock area, put the hump and cover back on. Ready for winter.:thumbsup:

If an unexpected warm day comes along it's a quick unhook and down the road I go.

Last edited:
I plug mine in everytime I park the bike. the plug comes out the left side of the bike from the opening below the seat in the tail section. when I unhook it I just put the plug back into the tail, dont haft to take the seat off that way.

I plug mine in everytime I park the bike. the plug comes out the left side of the bike from the opening below the seat in the tail section. when I unhook it I just put the plug back into the tail, dont haft to take the seat off that way.

Run it like HillBilly and me...back to the storage area...pop rear seat, plug in...that way it's not hanging out in view...:thumbsup:

It can be done either way.
I disconnect my battery with a master cut-off switch before battery tender goes on...just me.

i always pulled the batt. during the off season when it got cold, but this year i thought i would be different. well, i found out that my batt. in the cold garage couldn't withstand the frigid temps w/ just a tender on it so i stuck it on the charger, brought it back in the warm basement, and threw the tender on it.

Here is how mine looks while it is hooked up and while not in use. Just put the cord back up in the hole and it will stay there, there is a piece of the tail section that you can put it behind. Both ways will work, I just like this one. I hope this helps.

2008DecemberRides 002 (Small).jpg

2008DecemberRides 003 (Small).jpg

Here is how mine looks while it is hooked up and while not in use. Just put the cord back up in the hole and it will stay there, there is a piece of the tail section that you can put it behind. Both ways will work, I just like this one. I hope this helps.

Cant do this, I have the Mesh Grills.

I leave mine hooked up too. Got the plug in adapter bolted on the battery so all I have to do is take the hump off, plug it in, run the wire out through the helmet lock area, put the hump and cover back on. Ready for winter.:thumbsup:

If an unexpected warm day comes along it's a quick unhook and down the road I go.

HPIM0152.jpg

HPIM0153.jpg

HPIM0155.jpg

I have Battery Tenders for all three bikes, I had plugs put into the garage ceiling so I have plenty of outlets too. The plug tucks forward on the swing arm nice and snug and won't come loose. I plug it in everytime I park the bike in the garage, your battery will last nearly forever. I am still have the original battery in my '04 Road King.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Just hit the teens here in Indiana--and the battery tender can't keep up--I went to start it up a few days ago---just not enough juice even though the tender said it was "charged"--

can I leave it on and wait until it is warm or should I take it inside and put on the charger?

Back