Battery?

MikesGSX1300RK9

Registered
I do not have a manual handy, but believe I have a bad battery. Going to test it tomorrow. Can anyone comment on the proper replacement for the Hayabusa? Are any brands better than others?

The stock battery lasted less than six months. Granted, bike has been parked for most of 4 of those months... Has left me stranded twice since I started riding 2 weeks ago. Starts at home, then after riding 8-10 miles to destination will not start again. Lights all bright until I hit the starter, then she turns over once and the battery goes buh-bye. Will check the switches as recommended in other posts, but bike has only 400 miles on her and things should (SHOULD) still be adjusted properly. This no-start behavior is "new".

Have been riding the bike every few days. Worked fine over the weekend, but many short trips (4 miles or less to church/Starbucks/church/home) and I suspect those repeated start cycles drained the battery.

How often should I use a battery tender once the new battery goes in? Nightly? :whistle:

Thanks,

Mike

If you have an 08 or 09 which by your site name 09 i'm guessing they have a recall out for those years on the regulator rectifiers. I would check that along with the battery. Before the recall came out we replaced about 8 in a month before Suzuki looked into it.

My battery got replaced along with my rectifier or regulator or whatever the recall was for. Mine only lasted about a thousand miles... No charge.

Posted from my HTC EVO using tapatalk...

Thanks for the links. I figured it was a rectifier issue. Yay! Just started riding her everywhere now that the weather is warming. Lots of fun, just wish I could keep riding. Going to have some time in the shop, sounds like...

My regulator has been nothing but trouble since the bike was driven off the lot. Only 400ish miles on her now. :-)

I see you live in Florida and part of the issue was heat. I didn't mention the recall bc you stated the bike had sat for an extended period. If that's the norm buy a $20 Battery Tender Jr. to keep it healthy. Obviously get the recall on your bike.

Back