best new 600CC bike?

new II busa

Registered
hey guys, me and a friend are thinking about getting new bikes, and i was just wondering in your oppenion what is the best 600CC bike on the market?
CBR600RR - $8,600
CBR600F4i - $8,200
GSXR600 - $8,100
YZF-R6 - $8,100
ZX6RR - $8,400
ZX6R - $8,000

Thanks for all of the input in advance.
i had a Katana 600 until i totaled it... and its been a long few months without a motorcycle. i wanna get back out and hit some twisties... just dont know what the best bike is...

<!--EDIT|new II busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1088549433 -->

In my opinion (and I'm sure some will disagree) your best bet is the GSX-R 600. Great price, great track bike, great road bike. A lot of magazines out there rate it as this year's #1 600. Couple of notes on some of the others: ZX6RR is too track oriented; almost useless on the street. R6 comes with a 60 section front tire, so it practically falls into corners, also technologically isn't up to par as the others. CBR F4i, too soft; more like a Katana. The GSX-R is the best all around bike; handling, comfort, you name it. Also, I don't know if you're up for it, but look into the GSX-R 750. Two of my buddies have the '04 and they LOVE it...says its the best bike they've ever had, perfect combo of power and handling. If I were to get a second bike right now, it would definitely be the 750.
biggrin.gif

Yep....a 750 is a very awesome bike indeed. For a 600, I would look at a used Honda F4i for it's reliability and price. Brand new....I probably wouldn't get a 600. I'd shoot for the 750.

I ride with a couple of gsxr 600s, I think they are great bikes.. quick off the line and hit the corners like a hooker in nyc, I think that based on looks,power and popularity , that would be my choice of 600s. Plus the fact that your like a busa's lil bro and we will stick up for ya... good luck with whichever you and do me a favor, when you pick up one.. post a thread to "HIM" and tell that katana 600 wuss just how easy it is to do a wheelie. His original post is under something like major problem blah blah blah, cant do a wheelie to save his ass.... stay safe and welcome to the world of bikes...

8,000.00 + for a brand new 600
rock.gif
just wait and save a little more and get a bike worht riding but i guess if you are going to buy a new 6 get either the r6 or gsxr just my opinion good luck with bike shopping

addendum to my post... if you can swing it.. gsxr 750 is unreal for the size... best bike for its size if you believe any bike magazine... be sir askalot and you will hear a million different opinions.. but since we are smart enough to own busas(well most of us) we cant be wrong.. ha ha.. ride safe and remember to bitch slap "HIM" when you get the chance.... later.... john

I'd have to go with the GSXR600, but the GSXR750 practically weighs the same. I think you'll find yourself wanting more power in 2 months if you buy a 600. Go 750.

hey Tibbs... man, i wish i had the riding ability to own a busa.. or i would have on in a heart beat...
the money factor isnt a problem.. i can swing up to a grand a month, so a 750 isnt out of the question.
I was thinking a gsxr1000 or an r1, but those being litre bikes also, and only having experience on a Kan-o-tuna i think a 1k would be a lil big. after posting this last night, my friend talked to his dad and he said that he would co-sign for him. so this morning, they are going to go get an r6.
the only thing that i am concerned about is, its his first bike so there's always that thought, and financially, he has a $40,000 supra... and he's only 19... just seems to me like he's going to be working, just to pay for his belongings and have no free money
redcomprs2.gif
but if he feels he has job security.. than why not. Im going to talk to my mom this weekend and see what she says about the 750 idea... thanks again for all the input...

anyone else reading... go ahead and keep adding your thoughts.. THANKS!
smile.gif

oh, and off topic... the day that i totaled my katana, i had changed the chain, and went down 1 up 2, so i could wheelie, and that night i went down a non-marked dead end road.... grrrrr haha ohwell

a friend of mine, offered me his 636RR for 6K.... only has 3000 miles and is a 2003... does that sound like a good deal? i know you guys dont like it because of the race-prep factor, but, being 2K cheaper than brand new....

I think you would find the most satisfaction in the GSXR-600. Read a couple of articles where they had revamped the bike and the mags raved over it. Probably would be the best for around town, hitting the mountain sides and some track days. I also heard that the GSXR-750 is the best of both worlds....good luck:;):

a friend of mine, offered me his 636RR for 6K.... only has 3000 miles and is a 2003... does that sound like a good deal? i know you guys dont like it because of the race-prep factor, but, being 2K cheaper than brand new....
The 636 is the ZX-6R
The ZX-6RR is a 600.

If your just interested in wheelies than do the 750. If you really can't ride hard yet and want to learn go with the 600 class and get some training at your local track.

i had hit the hills once with the guys in Core and the SBN group on the Katana, i was the back marker though, being my first time, those guys were on 1100's and 1K going into the turns at like 100+ while i was back there doing like 70..
but anyway ... does the 750 have as great of handling as the 600, or will i be more apt to lose it in a turn if i dont watch myself on the 750? because i do wanna hit up a few track days at Mid-Ohio after i get it broke in...
thanks for the input
plus im not one of those who just buy a bike for wheelie's, and im for sure not a squid... every body has ridden motorcycle's in my family so its kinda in my blood to want to hit the twisties..

i had hit the hills once with the guys in Core and the SBN group on the Katana, i was the back marker though, being my first time, those guys were on 1100's and 1K going into the turns at like 100+ while i was back there doing like 70..
but anyway ... does the 750 have as great of handling as the 600, or will i be more apt to lose it in a turn if i dont watch myself on the 750? because i do wanna hit up a few track days at Mid-Ohio after i get it broke in...
thanks for the input
plus im not one of those who just buy a bike for wheelie's, and im for sure not a squid... every body has ridden motorcycle's in my family so its kinda in my blood to want to hit the twisties..
The 750's handling is awesome. Obviously the power is up on the 600's. The weight is virtually the same. I would have a 750 if I didn't turn such a good deal on the 636. I will have it back in week with two sets of race plastics.

Good luck with your choice. I think you will be happy with any of the choices that you listed. The differences between them if very small.

thanks for the input
The great thing about the 750 is that it handles like a 600, but gives you more power...but not too much like a 1k, which will lower your confidence level, especially in corners. A buddy of mine and his brother are pro racers, and he has a 1k, while his brother has a 750. He tells me that he beats his brother in a straight (obviously) but his brother always takes him in the corners. From reading your posts, I think a 1k would be too much, and since you're looking for some power, go with the 750. From everyone I talked to that has em, to all the mags, I hear nothing short of things like "...its the perfect bike" and such. It handles like a champ, but the power is realistic. As for the 636 (which read howlin_mad's description of that) not a terrible bike, but since you said money isn't that big of an issue, I think you will be happier with the GSX-R. Unless money is a big issue, I suggest don't sacrafice on model, or color or anything of that nature. Get exactly what you want. You're spending a nice chunk anyway, you don't want to regret your decision down the road because you wanted to save a small fraction of what you spent anyway.

BTW, in case I didn't mention it enough, go with the 750
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

They are all good. Find the best price and enjoy.

For the record, my local dealer (Mark IV Suzuki) is selling new '04 GSXR600's for $6999 (+ like $200 "set-up" fee). No kidding. I think he bought too many and got a deal or something. He has been adverstising all over. Can't beat that price folks.

well.... i know it sounds like im going against my words here... but the local dealership.. AMERICAN Powersports(yamaha and Polaris) have a 2001 GSXR 1000, lowered 3", air shift, tented wind screen, all chrome, and extended 4" with 8K mi for around $8K.... does that sound like a bad deal? i know its got alot of power, but being lowered and extended i shouldnt have to worry about doing a 360
face7.gif
on pavement.... thanks
it kinda matters to me if i hit the twisties, but im sure that i can find someone to let me borrow their bike if i get the urge to curve the twisties ... i like straight line too

The reason why all of this is coming up, is because ive been working full time for a little while now, and i had some other debts to pay for, and now i am paying my parents back for the katana.
Price is an issue.. but then again isnt an issue. I say this because i hate loans, but my parents buy the motorcycle that i want, and then i just pay them back, that way i do not have to worry about ruining my credit. im going to wait to get the Katana and the new bike ( which hopefully i can get this weekend) paid off and then go out and get small $1000 loans for small crap like exhaust, ohlins, tires, yadi yadi...

For comfort and performance I'd go with the gixxer600 (suk designs wider softer seats than the other boyz)!   If you want a bike you will not out grow for another year or so, has comfort, stunting ability, ability to hang in the staights & curves and is MORE USER FRIENDLY than the liter bikes.   You can never go wrong with the gixxer750.  I'd rate it as the best all around sport bike from the criteria I previously mentioned.  I know several guys on 750s that can cut a 900 up!  I'm talking similar riding styles too!   The gixxer 750 is highly under rated these days with all the liter and big bore hype.  Haven't met an unhappy 750 owner yet.  First thing you need to do is go to your local dealer(s) and sit on these bikes, they're all built differently and comfort should be a factor.  I know the Kat is comfy and you won't find a sportbike that comfortable.  Good luck and don't rush into anything.  Use the cash your parents have to your advantage.  It's more bargaining power.  ie. Asking $7500 offer $6000 cash.  Not many going to turn that down bro.  But don't seem desparate, gotta keep your cool even if you heart is in your throat, seem disinterested at times.  Lil salesman advice.

God bless,
BD

<!--EDIT|BigDawg_03Busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1088809781 -->

Back