Best reae tire drag and street riding

Djmurria

Registered
What's the best rear tire now for drag racing and street riding. I see revzilla has the power rs that's recommended in all the old threads, thought they were discontinued. Are they old inventory.
Has anybody tried the power 5 or power cup 2 drag racing and street riding.
Not worried about tire life just want the best hooking tire for street and strip drag racing and still be able to hit the corners.

I'm using the Shinko Hook Up on my Busa and Gixxer. The Busa goes to the strip and I ride it on the street as well. The Gixxer just goes to the strip. I see some going to the Dunlop Drag Max. Big difference in price between the Shinko and Dunlop. Not sure there's a big performance difference...

I'm using the Shinko Hook Up on my Busa and Gixxer. The Busa goes to the strip and I ride it on the street as well. The Gixxer just goes to the strip. I see some going to the Dunlop Drag Max. Big difference in price between the Shinko and Dunlop. Not sure there's a big performance difference...
That's what my dad runs on his bike as well was just trying to see if something better is out there. Looking at dunlop sportmax q4 as well, do u have any experience with those??

That's what my dad runs on his bike as well was just trying to see if something better is out there. Looking at dunlop sportmax q4 as well, do u have any experience with those??
Sorry, I don't... I have always run Shinkos. The Ultra Soft is a fair street and strip tire. The Hook Up and Hook Up Pro even better. If you're not running a REAL HIGH HP bike the regular Hook Up is fine. The big HP bikes will run the Pro. It stays a little flatter at the big end.

One of our members @s3ns4i with a turbo build that i got to ride with at the end of last season runs the q4 on his. He said it's nice and sticky and from seeing his tire and riding i know he uses all of it, im not sure if he's had it at the track tho but I do know he said he wasn't getting much for mileage but with a turbo monster like his that doesn't surprise me. I just watched a video of @ChrisMooreMafia that was talking about the dragmax and the hookup, he was switching to the shinko because he was having trouble with the dragmax hooking on the streets.

One of our members @s3ns4i with a turbo build that i got to ride with at the end of last season runs the q4 on his. He said it's nice and sticky and from seeing his tire and riding i know he uses all of it, im not sure if he's had it at the track tho but I do know he said he wasn't getting much for mileage but with a turbo monster like his that doesn't surprise me. I just watched a video of @ChrisMooreMafia that was talking about the dragmax and the hookup, he was switching to the shinko because he was having trouble with the dragmax hooking on the streets.
I saw that video recently as well. I've been seeing mixed results on the q4 street racing. If I can get a second wheel for a reasonable price may try both but may go with the shinki for now since I know once I get it running it'll mostly be straightline and drag racing for sure and just take it easy on corners on the street

Back