BEST TIRE FOR THE HAYABUSA

Metzeler M1 (P) spec. It is a 198 just like the factory and is made specifically for the Busa. One thing to consider is the new M3 coming out. Revlis had a write up on them here somewhere. Use the search button at the top of the page and it should pop up. Awesome tires!
smile.gif

oh, no...here we go again....best to try a search (button at top). This topic has been beat to death and there are a billion different opinions...welcome to the board.

Alot of people go wwith Michelin Pilot Powers (including me.) The have a very good feel and great grip compared to the factory tires. A 200 will fit into the stock arm but will make your turn in into a corner slower. If you want a little more responce, try going with a 180 insted.

Metzeler M1 (P) spec. It is a 198 just like the factory and is made specifically for the Busa. One thing to consider is the new M3 coming out. Revlis had a write up on them here somewhere. Use the search button at the top of the page and it should pop up. Awesome tires!
smile.gif
Please, Please, Please show me any proof that the Metzeler M1-P is a 198?

smile.gif
Please, Please, Please show me any proof that the Metzeler M1-P is a 198?
Yeah, always hearing about the 198mm thing.

UNTIL someone takes one of each tire manufacturer and one of each of the 3 sizes(180/190/200) and measures all of them what is the point of pointing out that one particular tire measures 198mm  
rock.gif

If you really want to corner aggressively and spend less effort doing it, get a 180/55

If you a middle of the road guy, stay 190/50

If you don't corner much or really like the look of a fat rear, get a 200.

End of story...  
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138126233 -->

Oh, and 180/55 pilot powers are my favorite tire for cornering.

Have yet to try the new qualifiers or M3s.

I have been running the BT14's lately but I want to try that M3 that Rev was talking about.

i dig the Pilot Powers myself and like Charlie Busa says, the 190 fits me just right!

WHATS THE BEST TIRE FOR CORNERING AND WILL A 200 SERIES FIT IN THE STOCK SWINGARM? WILL IT EFFECT PERFORMANCE?
Best for cornering and 200 series do not go together. A 180 would be best for cornering with a soft compound like at M-1, Power, or even a race compound from any of the major tire makers, a 200 series will make the bike less flickable.

What do you want more is the question?

I have had really good luck with the BT014. I tried the Pilot Powers and after a couple of weeks gave them to a friend and went back to the 14's. Any of the top rated tires are going to work fine.

As far as the 180's go?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?? I don't think I've seen anyone in the winners circle in the liter class bikes riding on a 180 rear. Most all the really fast guys seem to think the additional traction needed for drive out of the corner is more important than the ability to turn into the corner a bit quicker? The 190 gives a bigger contact patch at any angle over the smaller 180.

rock.gif

I just put the M1 on 500 miles ago and am very happy with them. Good deals on ebay for them once and awhile

Back