Bike Hauler  ks-waterbug check it out

hooken203

Donating Member
Registered
About six or seven weeks ago I posted that I was going to get one of these. After a lot of excuses it finally showed up.
Drove about twenty miles today with bike on it. Moves around alot but bike stays solid.

4_20_001.JPG

Looks pretty cool but what is it rated at? It looks like it is leaning just a little bit.

Ewww I don't know about that. How sturdy is it?? It does not look like it would be that sturdy?? with that 500 + lbs on the back?

How do you load the bike? Is there an extension that it rolls up on? And not to scare 'ya, but it does look like it's leaning a bit.

man hook I can't believe you're gonna haul that out to deal's like that on thursday.... I pray that it doesn't fall off
wow.gif

Its rated for 600 lbs. Its straped down just like its on a trailer. The rack moves the bike wont. Loading ramp is between bike and truck. Busa weighs about 550

Man that thing looks kinda scarey to me. I'd sure hate for you to lose your Busa because it feel off the back of your car.

I think its pretty cool...... The only question I would have is "Your" receiver rated for 550lbs of tongue weight? Do they make different hitches based on your class of receiver (I.E. class I, II, III, etc.)? Guys its very hard to tell at what angle the bike truely is from a picture......  
rock.gif
   Is it leaning?

P.S.
Bike looks goods, really like the different rims..... Is that a candy chrome job?

Nope, No way...  Sure the Pipe that is holding your Busa on is rated for 550...  But what about your hitch, the tongue weight if you will...  Looks scary as hell to me...
Busa being supported by two welds... Hope the welder was having a good day...

The Bike Hooken?  I dig the wheels, and the anodized bits, looks really sharp...  Freakin nice to see something different out there...

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082545831 -->

I see you also took off the tobin seat and put on the gel for the long ride
biggrin.gif

Bike looks nice, but I'm not to sure about your hitch. It looks like it would not hold the bike for long. Just becareful with them pot holes.
smile.gif

Trailer hitch is rated at 600 pounds. I think the lean that you guys are seeing is caused by the way the truck is sitting when the picture was taken. It doesnt lean when the truck is level.
Heres the deal on why I trust this deal. I was at the dealer where I bought my bike and there was a guy there from Chicago he hauled an R1 there to trade in for an Aprilia and loaded the new bike on there to take it home. I know lighter bikes but the Aprilia is almost 18 grand. Thats two Busas if he can trust it I can too. Besides I got insurance and they did build more that one Busa. No worries. Time will tell.

4_20_005.jpg

Cool enough Hooken, I guess it just looks spooky is all... But then I find light planes spooky as well... So WTF do I know?

Just ah, don't forget it's back there, and try backing into a parking spot...
wow.gif
"Crunch" "Honey...Did you hear something?"

Have a good drive...

How dose that work for loading and straping down can i ask do you need to people be kinda scary to have my bike up there and it accidently feel over cause i couldn;t get it strapped right thats why i never went with one of them and just bought a aluma single bike trailer
rock.gif

Back