Bike Hauler  ks-waterbug check it out

I'm really interested in this set-up, but I want to know how the long term test results come back. They should give you a kick back for your testamonial after you've had this for a while......

How much and where did you get it?
rock.gif
That's alot of leveraged weight on that receiver...
rock.gif

rock.gif

The bike does look good! I guess I am a little skiddish about the bike sittin' back there like that, but then I am skiddish about my bike sittin' on a straight motorcycle trailer. Seems like a good idea and I'm sure it will work out for you!

It looks like a great way to get the bike around without having to store a trailor. My only concerns are the weight on the hitch and the angle of the tie down straps. I once had a bike in the back of my truck went over a bump and one of the tie downs broke I was lucky that it fell over in the bed of the truck and only got minor damage. If that were to happen on this your bike would end up in the street and maybe hit by someone behind you.

P.S. The tie down that broke did not show any signs of wear or anything like that.

Standard class III hitch is tongue rated for only 500 lbs. This seems like nothing short of a faulty product just waiting to be banned or taken off of the market after a few insurance companies sue them. No way would I use that thing, no way no how. At least not for anything more than 250 lbs (dirtbikes only thank you).

But man that bike looks sweet. I like the red trim theme - looks awesome. Just need to black out the pegs/heelguards (or red annodized?).

Better hope nobody rear ends you with that on would hate to see the busa used as a cushion between the suv and the car behind ya

Jumbo hit the nail on the head. I have no place to store another trailer around here. I wont haul this bike but maybe a couple times a year. I will admit that there are better ways to haul a bike but the cost is far higher. The hitch is a class 5 hitch. If you are hauling on an open trailer and a strap breaks the results are going to be the same. Bike is going to be bouncing down the highway. Over time I have watched guys pulling different trailers with tounge weight that you have to use a floor jack to get the trailer onto the ball meaning the toung weight is off the scale I have never seen a failed hitch of any kind. It will be OK and if its not its NEW busa time.
I will post pictures either way. OH yeah if ya get rear ended either way theres damage no mater how you haul it.

smile.gif
Could be a new and highly effective safety mod for your truck. You have an extra 550lbs of crash absorbing material back there...

Hell, at least it isn't on the roof of a Honda Civic right?

Not trying to be a wise so and so on this. All of you guys advice is always appreciated and needed. I just think this thing will work out.

I've considered this very type of solution for me. My truck sits pretty high and ramps would be a major PITA and an enclosed trailer, while my preferred method of hauling is pretty $$$ (like over 2k). Can I ask how much you paid for this thing?

Class V should be ok. That makes me feel safer about it. Like others have asked, what does it cost including the class V hitch?

Nice set up. No doubt the hitch will handle the weight. Travel trailers routinely have tongue weight 350 lbs and above. Can imagine front of truck is lightened some. Steering is weird
biggrin.gif

Redundant strapping would be good practice.
Really want to feel safe. Weld up one or two more recievers. Add appropriate hitchs to the carrier.

<!--EDIT|Bronto
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082582480 -->

if its rated for 600lbs and the busa weighs 550 what happens if you got over a large bump and the suspension extends and then comes back down would that 550lbs weigh abit more?

I got it from a place called Dicount Ramps. I got about 500 dollars in it. including straps and lights. All of those things that you come up with like big bump and more weight are all true with a trailer also. I got this question for you have you ever seen a trailer hitch fail? I have been towing stuff for about 30 years race cars, snowmobiles and boats and have never seen one fail in any way unless the vehicle was in an accident. The trailer hitch was way expensive about 50 grand it came on the truck. This truck has air leveling on it so it sets level when the bike is on there although I did notice some difference in the way it drove but not a big difference.

Hey, what is going to happen if a plane falls out of the sky and knocks your Busa off the back of the vehicle? LOL. Just kidding, got tired of reading what if's. Looks cool, hope it works great for ya. Congrats!

I USED ONE FOR MY DIRT BIKE BUT I WOULD NOT RECOMEND IT FOR A STREET BIKE NO WAY TO DAMN RISKY,AND TOO MUCH WEIGHT ON YOUR HITCH.IF YOU HIT A NICE POT HOLE KISS YOR ASS END AND YOUR BIKE GOOD BY
down.gif

Back