Bike to bike communications

UncleSteve

Gear good - roadrash bad
Donating Member
Registered
any one have a bike to bike communication set up? I had a FRS radio in mind with helmet speakers, boom mic and push to talk on the left grip. We have such a set up on the work bikes but, the radio set up is too expensive to use for personal use.
Approx $4,000.00 for what we use.
If a set up could be done for approx $200 - $500 it would be a doable deal for many riders. Having communications on a group ride is a major safety factor.
Anyone have a system?

No chatterbox? go Autocom - a superpro AVI is around $300 and a kenwood transciever is around $180...

bad experience with them years ago.... they may be better now......

I got Blueant helmet intercom for me and my wife, you can link up to 5 together, uses bluetooth technology so you can use it to answer your cell phone. Distance good for about 250 feet, clarity is good unless you have a crappy helmet, then you have to deal with wind noise. You can find them for about $100 each on ebay...

bluetooth battery life is an issue for me... have not seen one go more than about 5 hours or so on a bike ride and still work very well.. need to be able to change battery on the fly

Thanks
you guys have been a big help
thumb_up.gif

I am looking into a Motorola 2 way but the problem is compatibility with other bikes... UHF/VHF and take your pick of frequency... The chatterbox is popular but it would appear that the mic system is just "adequate" and i would like something a bit better..

perhaps adapting a throat mic to them might work? Still waiting on a report from Ted and Juli on how he feels about his new chatterbox...

Hey thanks again for the great outing at the PMRA event... wont soon forget that trip
smile.gif

<table style="width:auto;"><tr><td>DSCN3310.JPG</td></tr><tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From OKC Run[/QUOTE]

Back