Bought my new 2023 Busa 2 weeks woke up this morning and gone!

You need to ask the manager/owner of the parking area if you can fit one of these to your parking spot.
if it was me, it's a no brainer after having one bike stolen in the first month of having it.

Armadillo boxes

Last edited:
They say that people will just walk on by when they hear an alarm going off, but along with tracking, I'd install an alarm on it, no matter what. The SPY type alarms are pretty inexpensive, and the Scorpio may have the plug and play for Gen 3, by now? I live in a 'safe' area, but I do travel to Vegas and Phoenix...

Sounds like this is what you got. I'm not aware of any better options. And they are on sale. Down to $150 (I just bought one), but you also need a SIM CARD / GSM SERVICE $50/year subscription. The part I'm curious about is whether really professional thieves have countermeasures. Can they scan the bike to see if it's transmitting? Do they have jammers?
Monimoto 7
If they can scan and find that there is a locating device in an area, they may move on to someone else.

Since you have a parking space, will they let you install your own camera? (HF sells a fake one.)
If it's dark around there, Amazon sells battery operated motion lights. Of course, if they don't GAF, the lights may actually help them. It seems 'their' cams may not always be monitored by someone that cares? You know, the one that unlocked the door for a few bucks?

So... I use an Apple Airtag completely hidden. You would have to take the bike entirely apart to find it and by that time your screwed. Also if they do find it it'll report the last location before power loss.

If you want notifications like I do, you set locations like your house or work and your phone will tell you Hayabusa left home or left work and Hayabusa arrived at home or arrived at work.

Now it doesn't work directly with law enforcement but.... If my bike moves without my permission I think my state of mind would go happy to fetch my bike before law enforcement had a chance to open an investigation.

So... I use an Apple Airtag completely hidden. You would have to take the bike entirely apart to find it and by that time your screwed. Also if they do find it it'll report the last location before power loss.

If you want notifications like I do, you set locations like your house or work and your phone will tell you Hayabusa left home or left work and Hayabusa arrived at home or arrived at work.

Now it doesn't work directly with law enforcement but.... If my bike moves without my permission I think my state of mind would go happy to fetch my bike before law enforcement had a chance to open an investigation.

Reading this, I said to myself that I have to get one. :)

But look what I have found:

“Apple has not provided details the range of the AirTag, but the maximum Bluetooth range is around 100 meters, so an AirTag should be trackable at least to that distance.”

This is good if you are near your motorcycle, but that is all.

If you are in a holiday, at work, or anywhere else, you won’t find out if your Busa is moving away from its location.

Is this right?

“Apple has not provided details the range of the AirTag, but the maximum Bluetooth range is around 100 meters, so an AirTag should be trackable at least to that distance.”

If you are in a holiday, at work, or anywhere else, you won’t find out if your Busa is moving away from its location.

Is this right?
You may be surprised to learn what this little device can do for the price. Outside of 100 ft it will use other apple users devices to report its location.

81920689-4037-4843-9837-622D48A4F9B0.png

68061261-6CFE-458F-8F63-BDE4074FD13D.png

Is this right?
The police told me the issue with Air tags and items like that is that the people taking the bike have apps that scan and pick them up on the bike. I don't want them to know I have tracking. I bought MoniMoto 7 and it works well.

I have an apple air tag on my cats harness while she roams around outside. It still works no matter where I’m at. If I’m 10 miles away it will show where she is at or what address last seen at.

When she’s in a big open space area nearby it will say “last seen at” and show the time and location she was last connected to. It needs an iPhone to ping off of to report the address.

In the ‘Find My’ app there is an option to identify lost item. That’s probably how they scan to see if an Air Tag is present. Either way seems like a good option and definitely better than nothing.

946EE55F-10CD-4C68-939B-AFC3B2803999.jpeg

Range hasn't been an issue. Neither has people trying to detect them. If they scan my bike and see it's tagged maybe... Just maybe they wont touch it. I'll tell you one thing. They will have to completely tear it down to find it, that's for damn sure.

Back