break down and reassembly in my garage

Thanx for all the compliments guys , I'm not exactly a beginner wrenching ,I'm just new to wrenchin on bikes , all I used was a set of 3/8 and 1/2 sockets and ratchets , a set of wrenches (all metric of course )the special tool set from www.komotodraggin.com , a nice torque wrench by Snap-on the service manual (thanks to this board) a floor jack a rear bike stand and couple of buddies to help when it came to manuevering the the motor around . For the axle I used a 15/16th bolt and 3 nuts screwed onto it

REALLY nice looking, how long did it take ? Not counting time to send and get parts back from chromer?
super.gif

I dropped off the parts on the 27 of Dec and picked them up on Sat the 10 of Jan , I got home that evening and started wrenching for about 4 hours , then about 6 hours that Sunday and a couple of hours after work every nite until I got done with it Wed nite, so I guess not very long about 16 hours total with plenty breaks and not rushing or cutting corners , but I did have the tires mounted at a local shop

NOW paint those inner panels to match. I would "HOT GLUE" some velvet on the the bottom of your kick stand or the pavement is going to tear the hell out of it like it did mine. It looks so sad in the "UP" position where everyone behind you can see it.

ICE

Did you use hot glue on yours? how well did it hold up?also did you paint your own inners or did you order some?Thank for the heads up on the kickstand

damn I don't even wanna know how much that costed to get all that stuff chromed....I"m guessing well into a few grand.
wow.gif

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td bgcolor="#FFE3F5" valign="middle" align="left">Spoiler (Highlight to Read):
</td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#000000" valign="middle" align="left">[/QUOTE]<table style=filter:glow(color=Blue)>Bling Bling</table>

I have about that same bunch of parts almost ready to go to the chrome shop. Who did you use to do your chrome work?
Your bike looks great.Now you have to buy a mean dog to keep the thieves away

I hope that all of you that posted about the price review this topic , I got all these parts done for $1340 the shop is in a small town on the outskirts of Dallas , the shop is called Pulido Plating there number is 972 286 2322, they are great and I would recommend them anyday , that price included frame,swingarm,wheels,tripletree,rear caliper arm,all pegs and peg brackets,shifter and brake assy,and kickstand , if you want some chrome for a damn good price try these guys out

Damn hell of a job. It looks awesome. I hope I had all that chrome on my bike just wipe & go, Mine is polished that means I have to bust my ass shinning it. For all you send to chrome @ that price it's a gift.

Congrats on a great job. It really looks like all your hard work was worth it. Nice ride....

Your bike looks awesome. And thanks for the teardown/reassembly photos. I'm planning on doing the same thing after drag racing season. Though not for chrome. Now you've gotten me all excited...

devil.gif

Back