Cam Chain & Stuff

OB_jeffw

Registered
Got my cam chain tensioner replacement today, lasted 10 minutes. No big deal.

I also fixed my backfire problem (yes back fireing every time you let off of the throttle is a problem). All I did was plug the pair line from the airbox on the right side. All is well now.

Jeff I was going to try that simple fix, as copared to pulling all the PAIR stuff off.

What did you use for a plug, and did you mes with the vacuum line from the throttle body as well?

What are you YAFM settings, H, M, L, and low speed setting?

Thanks for the info.

You will be styleing and smileing, come friday - Thanks.

I used a circular piece of plastic that I put down the PAIR tube just where it attaches to the airbox. I then used a tie-wrap to secure it from the outside to prevent it from slipping down the hose. I reconnected the PAIR line to the airbox and all worked just fine. I did not mess with any other lines.

+5L,+5M, +5H, idle at 10 o'clock on all cyls.

Right now my tail pipe is real black (burning rich) so I need to find an exhaust gas analyzer so I can tune the bike properly.

Jeff or KawAbuser can you tell me which line that is and what it's supposed to do?

I can't find any reference to it in the Service Manual.

I'd love to lose the backfiring.

with adding my micron i adopted severe deceleration backfiring. by plugging the airbox tube and the vaccum hose from the throttle body i completly eliminated this problem.

Did my recall this AM. My dealer in Cal-Coast, in Oxnard, CA was great.
I rolled in at 10 am and was having
donuts by 11 am. Hope everyone else has the recall done as easily as this.

Strange enough, this morning I adjusted the idle ckt. to 11 o'clock. The bike runs much better.

The line you need to plug for back fire is listed on page 9-5 os your Suzuki service manual. or it's the bottom big line on the PAIR unit that goes up the right side of the bike to the right rear part of the airbox.

Jeff I am at -5, -5, -5 and have not played with the other setting, I spoke with Brad at Yosh yesterday and asked him about the other and he said to try 11 o'clock as 10 may be too rich.(The -5 settings were generated with Dyno work)

I wish DynoJet would get the move on with the PCII map for the RS3.

One night my buddies thought it was a police car with the blue strobe light color as they followed on a bridge that has a curve in it, they could not see me but the could see the reflection off the bridges guard rails.

I was thinking that the other line should be plugged as well, as that if you just plugged the small line from the #4 TB the PAIR valve would be closed and there should be no vacuum created by the opening of the PAIR valve.

The lines attach to the #4 throttle body and the air box, it is the line that runs from the #4 TB that opens the valve so that the air can come into the system from the large hose which runs from the air box to the pair valve.

[This message has been edited by KawAbuser (edited 21 October 1999).]

Jeff W, thanks for the tip on backfiring. Your fix worked very well. Not perfect but very well.

It reduced my off-throttle backfiring from infrequent big cherry bomb detonations to frequent and very minor "blap blaps" like it oughta be.

Bike runs real nice now. Or un-runs real nice, or whatever.

'Tanks, Pete

Got my recall done,a minor service (throttle tighten...) and an oil change. All took about an hour. Bert's in Azusa took care of me-finally!

Bert Branson
The L.A. Hayabusas

My Busa never backfired, either stock or with Akrapovic/PCII/airbox mod. Wonder why? And what the hell is that tube for

Back