Carbon fiber body work

I don't have any money for CF now, so I'll have to pass on that tanks NJ. I was just tossing the idea around, wondering how much I'm looking at price wise, etc.

Get you one of deez!!

Radbusa1L.jpg
Now that's a Beautiful Bike
tounge.gif
, anyone know where he got the body work
hot.gif
! ME  
face7.gif
likes it ALOT  
jump9.gif
i have that body kit in fiberglass i had made from air-tech

pm me if anyone is interested

Ben, you looking around 2000-3500 for the fairing kit, minus the tank depending on brand.

I have some stuff on the way for my bike. Did some research and OPP makes some high quality stuff. Read the Carbon Fiber 101 article on their site. Lots of good info and questions to ask the guy making the stuff you are going to get.

ok, air-tech makes some nice stuff, but what about the tail section
rock.gif
I can get the Carbon fiber bar ends now...how much did you have the shave off of them or hone out the OEMs for a the right fit???
GPW? The bar-ends were never an issue to get. However the CF tubes were the issue to get...is that what your asking about?

You can not make the OEM bar-ends fith the CF tubes - aint going to happen. Call me, might be simpler this way.

ok, air-tech makes some nice stuff, but what about the tail section
rock.gif
I can get the Carbon fiber bar ends now...how much did you have the shave off of them or hone out the OEMs for a the right fit???
GPW? The bar-ends were never an issue to get. However the CF tubes were the issue to get...is that what your asking about?

You can not make the OEM bar-ends fith the CF tubes - aint going to happen. Call me, might be simpler this way.
Sorry I can get the tubes will the fit into the OEM triple clamp?

Yes, the LP tubes will fit into the OEM triple clamp with no issues. What you will have to do is bore out the ends, I forget how much off hand, but depending on the bar ends your using, I think for mine they were about 1" down, and I shave off the inside to it would fit the bar-end...I beleive I had to bore out 1 or 2 mm all the way around. You will than have to cut the tubes to the length you want them...as the LP ones come about 1 1/2" longer than stock. You will than have to notch each tube so they clamp into your triple tree properly, the one bolt will clear, but the other bolt will not, just groove the tube so it looks like the OEM notch. You will than have to drill holes for you control housings. The left side is no big issue, just make sure the right side is done perfectly, otherwise any force put on the housing will not allow your throttle to function properly...yah it took me a few hours of scratching my head to figgure this issue out....lol. Anyhow, just a basic run-down.

Yes, the LP tubes will fit into the OEM triple clamp with no issues. What you will have to do is bore out the ends, I forget how much off hand, but depending on the bar ends your using, I think for mine they were about 1" down, and I shave off the inside to it would fit the bar-end...I beleive I had to bore out 1 or 2 mm all the way around. You will than have to cut the tubes to the length you want them...as the LP ones come about 1 1/2" longer than stock. You will than have to notch each tube so they clamp into your triple tree properly, the one bolt will clear, but the other bolt will not, just groove the tube so it looks like the OEM notch. You will than have to drill holes for you control housings. The left side is no big issue, just make sure the right side is done perfectly, otherwise any force put on the housing will not allow your throttle to function properly...yah it took me a few hours of scratching my head to figgure this issue out....lol. Anyhow, just a basic run-down.
sounds easy enough...

sounds easy enough...
Glad you got the info you needed - Yes it is easy.

I know its a GSXR but I went with OPP for most of it. QB for the solo cap and front fender and Dynamic bikes for the windscreen. With everything was super pleased with the fit and finish. A+++++++++++

aaa001.jpg

Back