Changing sprocket size

jermzfree

Registered
Want to go to a 16/42 front/rear sprocket for my Busa. The stock chain has less than 3k and would like to know if I can still use it?
rock.gif

most people i know here as well +3 in the rear will make a huge diffrence. No need to do the front.

Yeah, going smaller in the front will just put added stress/wear on the chain anyway.  
beerchug.gif
Add to the rear and then have fun keeping the tire on the ground.
super.gif

beleive me man.. i know what im talking about 43 in rear is th emost common and greatest increase in perfomance wise

The guy at the shop stated that the front is a little more work but essentially does the same as the back. I cant see there being a difference over the front or the rear other than the headache of changing the gears out. He also mentioned that that doing the front will pull the wheel up like crazy.
I got on it pretty hard in first and second and only smoked the backed tire. Didnt go near redline but was surprised the wheel didnt come up regardless. Never did a wheelie on the busa, so not really sure if i am doing something wrong. It would be nice to pull it up but not really a goal of mine. However many people ask if i have pulled a wheelie and i said no. I would like to but am affraid of going over. Dont need to repaint her if i dont have to.
sadnews.gif

go with 43 in back man or honestly do what you want change the frobt because its obvious  you think the guy at the shop knows it all then go with what he tells you he also wants to sell you 2 sprockets lets keep that in mind 1 down in the front and 2 in the back is the same as the 43 in the back lol.. But its your money do what you want.

see that why i am asking. I like to have the feedback from others who have gone throught this kind of thing. Thanks for the input.
bowdown.gif

go with 43 in back man or honestly do what you want change the frobt because its obvious  you think the guy at the shop knows it all then go with what he tells you he also wants to sell you 2 sprockets lets keep  that in mind 1 down in the front and 2 in the back is the same as the 43 in the back lol.. But its your money do what you want.
shadiguy1, Don't think that is true. 1 down in the front is equal to around 3 up in the rear. If you think about it as a percentage difference, 1 tooth change in the front is a much bigger percentage change compared to one tooth in the rear.

Back