Check out this oldie!

TXBusa05LE

Registered

1985.jpg

What's funny is I almost bought one of those but back in those days, but I needed a co-signer for the loan...

Super Sweet,had one back then. After getting waxed on my '82 GS1100,riding that after the old monsters was truely the dawning of a new age. If I just had the hair I had then.LOL
thumb_up.gif

Great training in replacing 2nd gear too.

I actually still have my 86 sitting in my basement. I'm getting ready to do some heavy duty modifications to it, and use it as track day/vintage club racer.

My dude has one and rides it still today. He road out to MO from MD. and back for the Biker Round Up during Aug 07.
thumb_up.gif

In an article on a british bike magazine earlier this year, the Suzuki Hayabusa 2008 Chief Designer said that the target customer of the Busa is a former owner of the early GSXR. (I can't remember the magazine nor find it now, I'm old enough to have wanted that bike back then)

There's a guy at the dealership that I bought my Busa at that has one of these. I never thought that it was that old though ? He's got it looking pretty good.

That was my first streetbike...an 85 Interceptor 700. Bought it when I was 19 from a local cop. Loved that bike, but it was a little weak on power. I had to keep up with all my friends on their Gixxers so I picked up the 86 750 a year or two later. I love  these old bikes...I wish I never had to sell a bike. I'd like to be one of those crazy rich guys with a motorcycle mueseum in my garage...alas, I'm not rich, just crazy
winkold.gif

Back