Colorado crash- ping darciedog1

semi

Whoooosh!
Donating Member
Registered
RIP to the riders, hope it wasn't one of ours

darciedog1, this sure looks like your old bike...any idea if it is? pilot was a guy named Rick Ross

linky

That is terrible to see. Prayers go out to the families. :please:

It does look like my old bike. Last i heard it was in the Wisconson area.

Re: Two fellow riders down in head-on collision in CO

semi posted this up yesterday as well :(

RIP riders...just so tragic to see

This scenario plays itself out far to often where a rider cannot maintain travel in his lane. We have all been guilty at some time or other. We get into a situation that demands more lean angle than we are mentally capable of delivering. Sadly these situations are sometime fatal.

If a cornering situation demands more lean angle than you can safely deliver, you become road bait!

Re: Two fellow riders down in head-on collision in CO

with those corbin hugger bags on the 2005 busa it should be pretty easy to identify the bike.

It almost looks like they had a massive front end collision. The ducati forks are destroyed.

Richard Ross ( Busa ) had a construction company. I googled it , I dont know the man.

RIP

This scenario plays itself out far to often where a rider cannot maintain travel in his lane. We have all been guilty at some time or other. We get into a situation that demands more lean angle than we are mentally capable of delivering. Sadly these situations are sometime fatal.

If a cornering situation demands more lean angle than you can safely deliver, you become road bait!

Since this accident is still under investigation, your assumption that “lean angleâ€￾ had anything to do with it is careless. The only information provided in the article is that one bike crossed the center line and struck the other head-on. Nowhere is it indicated that either rider was in a turn. Countless other factors could have been involved.

2 lives were lost and the most sensitive remark you can provide is that their (assumed) lack of skill turned them into “road baitâ€￾? A heartwarming sentiment to express to the family & friends of both riders during their time of loss. Maybe you should pass on your gems of wisdom by delivering their eulogies as well - that will surely speed up the grieving process.

As the self-proclaimed master of the track day, this situation demands that you keep your unfounded opinions in the appropriate section of the forum and leave the real world forensics to the experts.

Rest in peace riders… may your families and friends recover from this tragic loss.

Oh, one more thing… if you think anyone is buying your Rossi thread as an April Fool’s joke, your head is further entrenched in a very dark place than originally speculated.

Since this accident is still under investigation, your assumption that “lean angle” had anything to do with it is careless. The only information provided in the article is that one bike crossed the center line and struck the other head-on. Nowhere is it indicated that either rider was in a turn. Countless other factors could have been involved.

2 lives were lost and the most sensitive remark you can provide is that their (assumed) lack of skill turned them into “road bait”? A heartwarming sentiment to express to the family & friends of both riders during their time of loss. Maybe you should pass on your gems of wisdom by delivering their eulogies as well - that will surely speed up the grieving process.

As the self-proclaimed master of the track day, this situation demands that you keep your unfounded opinions in the appropriate section of the forum and leave the real world forensics to the experts.

Rest in peace riders… may your families and friends recover from this tragic loss.

Oh, one more thing… if you think anyone is buying your Rossi thread as an April Fool’s joke, your head is further entrenched in a very dark place than originally speculated.

Your opinion of me and a buck twenty-nine will buy you a snicker bar at Wal-Mart.

Two men are graveyard dead because somebody ran out of talent just when they needed it most and ended up in the opposing lane. A total waste of life.

Apparently the Rossi thread was a bit over your head?

I think what many get sick of here in the arm-chair quarterbacking of every single accident you weren't even around to witness. Conjecture is a dangerous thing, especially if assumptions turn out to be wrong...

I suppose asking for respect when riders are lost first and foremost, before facts are known, completely escapes a brilliant mind like yours. You're so busy schooling everyone on cornering and buying tires while telling them they're complete idiots for anything they decided on their own, because goodness knows adults can't think for themselves. My gosh, how did we all even get MC endorsements without taking Tuf's tough-love approach to being just like Tuf? Hell, I'm shocked I can put my own shoes on...

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

I think what many get sick of here in the arm-chair quarterbacking of every single accident you weren't even around to witness. Conjecture is a dangerous thing, especially if assumptions turn out to be wrong...

I suppose asking for respect when riders are lost first and foremost, before facts are known, completely escapes a brilliant mind like yours. You're so busy schooling everyone on cornering and buying tires while telling them they're complete idiots for anything they decided on their own, because goodness knows adults can't think for themselves. My gosh, how did we all even get MC endorsements without taking Tuf's tough-love approach to being just like Tuf? Hell, I'm shocked I can put my own shoes on...

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

+1000

Wow, what a shame. That must have been one h#ll of a scary last second seeing another bike coming at you head on. Was out on Sunday and we just about got taken out by a guy fishtailing around a turn in an old mini pickup. He ended up in the ditch. We stopped to see if he was all right. Just lost control right as he was passing us in a turn in the oncoming lane. Didn't even have time to react. Had he swerved 30 years closer to us we would have been road pizza. Happens in a blink.

Back