Colorado crash- ping darciedog1

This thread is about 2 riders who died tragically. It is not about placing blame or analyzing their riding ability.

All of the people posting here did so to express their sympathy and condolences - except one.

If the family and friends of either rider happen to read this, please know that the vast majority of the members of this website grieve with you. The one person who has taken it upon himself to be the supreme authority on the proper operation of a motorcycle has an on-going reputation on this forum of being a bully. It is a sad day indeed when he has chosen to continue this embarrassing behavior by directing his arrogance towards the deceased.

RIP in riders

I can see why Tuff made his assumption clearly a turn is the site of the wreck, but no way to know if one of them over shot or was deliberately trying to pass in the turn no way to know no point in guessing. The people who know the answers have passed away, the police will be able to figure out who crossed the line no one will ever know why.

Condolences to the family :please:

I think what many get sick of here in the arm-chair quarterbacking of every single accident you weren't even around to witness. Conjecture is a dangerous thing, especially if assumptions turn out to be wrong...

I suppose asking for respect when riders are lost first and foremost, before facts are known, completely escapes a brilliant mind like yours. You're so busy schooling everyone on cornering and buying tires while telling them they're complete idiots for anything they decided on their own, because goodness knows adults can't think for themselves. My gosh, how did we all even get MC endorsements without taking Tuf's tough-love approach to being just like Tuf? Hell, I'm shocked I can put my own shoes on...

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

For a fee, I'll teach you how to tie your shoes as well Vab. I'll tell you like I tell the rest of the complaining group, your opinion of me is meaningless. When you piss and moan about me at least I know you are engaging in dialog to some degree. It doesn't soak in with you but it does with some and that's my sole intention from the get go.

These two individuals was just two of the many who died on motorcycles on that day. The average is about a dozen die on the roads of this country every day 365 days of the year. If I remember correctly around 40% of the motorcycle deaths are corner related. Most of which are due to the rider being unable to keep the bike in his own lane. I'm all ears vabs, please share your idea of why cornering collects so many lives? Scroll through the last hundred threads on this site and tell me how many are about more horse power, chrome wheels, touring tires, who has been 150 mph, HID lights and the list goes on and on. Then count the threads on improving life saving bike controlling skills. If you find one, I'd be surprised. Do you think these members would be better served to spend their money on training vs. chrome wheels, you decide. When you find yourself in a situation that your skill set can't safely manage, those chrome wheels are meaningless but those skills you learned at a Keith Code or Jason Pridmore school can easily be the difference in life and death.

If a feeble attempt to degrade me personally makes you feel good, be my guest, I don't mind! While you are criticizing my post, go take a peek at the number of members who have lost their lives on a motorcycle over the past decade since I've been here. The list is not short. Except for the rare exception all of these members lost their lives due to the inability to control the motorcycle.

If my posts torments you to the point you feel compelled to attack me personally, your life may be more pleasant if you ignored my posts altogether? :dunno:

Tuf, it's not your message, it's your delivery.

You are like the Jehovah's Witness of the AMA.

Tuf, Isn't there a great track forum that misses you? Go find it :please:

If my posts torments you to the point you feel compelled to attack me personally, your life may be more pleasant if you ignored my posts altogether? :dunno:

Oh, I'd love to ignore your posts, but unfortunately admins can't, and I get a fair amount of complaints...you're only as popular as you think you are :D

Tuf, it's not your message, it's your delivery.

You are like the Jehovah's Witness of the AMA.

It's not just the delivery, it's the timing... always jumping in after the damage has been done isn't helpful, supportive or appreciated. By failing to picking the right time & place, the message is far more unwelcome. Add the snide delivery and people just walk away. No matter how much you think you might be helping someone, it's more like twisting a knife and then pouring salt on it. The "I told you so" attitude is not the constructive way to educate anyone.

The average is about a dozen die on the roads of this country every day 365 days of the year. If I remember correctly around 40% of the motorcycle deaths are corner related. Most of which are due to the rider being unable to keep the bike in his own lane.

Would you mind giving the source, or a link pointing to reference for the above?

welp if you google it you will see a bunch of pictures and guess what?? i see no corner involved with this accident. What do you make when you assume????? What i do see is a slightly rough road....gravel shoulders and hills etc. I am not making assumptions and feel horrible for both riders and their families....I like many get sick of the "PROS" running off at the mouth about something they know nothing about. According to the news clip high speeds may have played a roll.

RIP riders and may your families find peace as well....

For a fee, I'll teach you how to tie your shoes as well Vab. I'll tell you like I tell the rest of the complaining group, your opinion of me is meaningless. When you piss and moan about me at least I know you are engaging in dialog to some degree. It doesn't soak in with you but it does with some and that's my sole intention from the get go.

These two individuals was just two of the many who died on motorcycles on that day. The average is about a dozen die on the roads of this country every day 365 days of the year. If I remember correctly around 40% of the motorcycle deaths are corner related. Most of which are due to the rider being unable to keep the bike in his own lane. I'm all ears vabs, please share your idea of why cornering collects so many lives? Scroll through the last hundred threads on this site and tell me how many are about more horse power, chrome wheels, touring tires, who has been 150 mph, HID lights and the list goes on and on. Then count the threads on improving life saving bike controlling skills. If you find one, I'd be surprised. Do you think these members would be better served to spend their money on training vs. chrome wheels, you decide. When you find yourself in a situation that your skill set can't safely manage, those chrome wheels are meaningless but those skills you learned at a Keith Code or Jason Pridmore school can easily be the difference in life and death.

If a feeble attempt to degrade me personally makes you feel good, be my guest, I don't mind! While you are criticizing my post, go take a peek at the number of members who have lost their lives on a motorcycle over the past decade since I've been here. The list is not short. Except for the rare exception all of these members lost their lives due to the inability to control the motorcycle.

Tuf,

I think you are an intelligent guy and from what I can tell a very skilled rider. You have some very good info on riding and rider safety many here would benefit greatly from. However, your constant and abundant use of abrasiveness and arrogance as a condiment prevents most from getting the intended message.

Brother, you need to step back and determine if you are really trying to help people and promote rider safety like you say you are. If that is your true intent, you need to do some serious work on how you engage people. It is fairly obvious your current method has proven not to work.

It is a shame with your stated desire to help, you are being ignored by so many that could use the information. A mentor or coach with your skills and knowledge would be invaluable.

I have taught rider safety and skills, and been around 40-50 other instructors for the last ten years. There is no doubt in my mind the effectiveness of the instructor to engage the student and convey the knowledge has a far greater bearing than what he holds in head and the skills he can demonstrate.

Would you mind giving the source, or a link pointing to reference for the above?

I don't know about the rest, but the MSF curriculum contains info that the "failure to negotiate a curve" is the reason for more that half of the motorcycle fatalities not involving another vehicle. I imagine it was from "HURT report data from many years ago.

Well Said Professor, Problem is you can be the Best Skilled Rider on a bike there is, And you can have the best gear, It just takes the One Instance that One Mistake, That can be Life changing. Wheater you are badly hurt, loss of a limb or Death. Riding on the Road or the Track. And I agree with Tuf 40% of accidents are rider that lose control in a turn. But the point of this thread is 2 riders lost there lifes, And My Condolences to there family. It sucks and I as a rider I have been though it. Knock on wood I've been riding since age of 5, and 26 years on a Street Bike.

Thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

I, as a rider within my first year, have simply been listening to my fellow riders that tell me to ride my ride. The meaning behind that is to tell me to ride within my limits and comfort zone and to not overexceed my minimal experience. We all need to at least accept some of the advace that people give us and use it to help our riding become safer.

I don't know about the rest, but the MSF curriculum contains info that the "failure to negotiate a curve" is the reason for more that half of the motorcycle fatalities not involving another vehicle. I imagine it was from "HURT report data from many years ago.

Thx

Condolences to the families of those involved in the accident, so sad.

Some info here:

Motorcycle Accident Statistics and Possible Causes - MotorcycleAccident.org

Main Factors That Cause Motorcycle Accidents - MotorcycleAccident.org

http://rideapart.com/2013/05/what-t...ty-statistics-reveal-about-motorcycle-safety/

Back