copper/silver for \'00?

OB_cjb4

Registered
I'm a year late, but finally gearing up to purchase my new busa. And although I'd settle for some 'lesser' color scheme, nothing IMHO comes close to the '99 copper/silver.

Maybe I still have a few options..

1. I assume you can get replacement copper/silver bodywork for the '99 busa. I could order some. I assume it's would be expensive as hell. Does anyone know if it all should fit the newer '00 model? =|

2. If it does, shouldn't a dealer be able to 'special order' a new '00 bike from the factory that way, at some additional cost less than that of having to purchase all new '99 replacement bodywork? This would be ideal, if it could be arranged. =)

3. Find mint '99 copper/silver bodywork from someone who hated theirs & took it off when they bought one of the few remaining '99s. Very unlikely. =|

4. Buy a used busa. =\

To answer your questions: Yes,No,Maybe and thats an option to. Finding a used one may be difficult because all the copper and silver owners seem to LOVE there bikes. You could do a vast search of dealers to see if by some small chance there is a left over 99 copper/silver still available. A dealer near me had one about a month ago and my friend fell in love with it and bought it immediately! Good luck, there out there.

I met a guy DYIN' to trade his copper for my red,he'd even throw a couple hundred my way.But the wife said she likes the red too much,so no deal

I always thought the copper was the best till like you availability new is non existant. I just kept looking at different colour combos till I found one I love. Besides you don't buy a busa to take pictures of. Once you use the bike like it was designed for you will forget all about your colour choice.

Back