damaged custom paint !!!!!!

Wow, I would be sick over this... BUT on the upside... you have the talent to fix such a mess and that is a great thing to have going for you..

I only wish I had the ability to do that job one time...
smile.gif
You about ready to put up a pint size paint booth now?
smile.gif

smile.gif

yeah takin' it back to him. i'm setting it up where i prep it and they shoot it right after.
I was gonna suggest that to you but you beat me to the punch. Im not defending the painter but as a painter myself even though you prepped it before you brought it most painters will reprep again. WE never know whats been used on something. He shoulda still followed your instructions since you told him on what to use for that particular product. Glad you can work it out with him. Beautiful work.

Rev, you really need to start using HOK's intercoat clear. It's just a light coat of quickdry clear to seal your work and can be lightly scuffed if you go more than 24hrs before final clearing. When I worked with multilayer graphics in the past, the intercoat was a Godsend.

do it in the garage and use "Auto Air Colors" paint [non toxic]. my whole website was done with other people clearing my work. they told me the guy who was supposed to prep it passed it on to the new guy...

i'll be stopping there tomorrow morn for some black paint, the same black they used to base my bike. this way i can make sure there's no over spray and where it meets the rest of the bike it'll match up.

i "did" owe a $500 balance for the prep and clear...guess that'll be going to my summer BBQ/ mini busa bash.

thanks for the kind words.

it's looking very good
bowdown.gif
just hate that you had to do it again

You need to do it all Yourself..or at least a first coat of clear..

That way You wont loose what You done and can be wet sanded and re-cleared at the body shop..

mannn i hate using that toxic stuff, plus my neighbors wont like the smell.

I know this had ta hurt bruvah-that phone call yest. woulda had me trippin
guns.gif

glad you are stayin positive tho, and I just hope you dont havta go another week w/o a bike man.

Good luck man!
beerchug.gif

man that really blows. How can he make that right? Of course there is no charge for that but what about the man hours to create that work of art. How are you to be compensated for that? Free of charge the second time don't cut it. You don't get a second chance!!!
firedevil.gif
MISTER!!!!

lookin' forward to wrapin' it up this weekend. i thought it wasn't coming back as good as it is. i hadn't looked at it since the first time repairing it and with the trauma of seeing it messed up i thought it was worse. but last night i went up and looked at it, and again tonight and i think i'll be happy with it when it's done.

I'm sure I'm just one of many that can't wait to see it!

With the mad skills you have I'm still surprised you don't do all your own work from start to finish to ensure this can't ever happen.

Back