Dealership called front brake recall

My bike has been at the dealer for the last week as they were trying to recreate the issue I was having. A few days ago mine was not included in the recall, but after reading this I checked again and it is. Called the dealer and they confirmed it. They are ordering the parts. Last time I was riding, the brake lever went right to the grip in the middle of a two hour ride, it was getting more frequent. My tombstone could have said "I told you that there was a problem"! Anyway, it will finally get fixed.
I picked up my bike yesterday as soon as the recall service was finished. Front brake feels much better than it ever did. Now the wait for the $100 gift card. Great to be on 2 wheels again (sometimes just the back one for a little while).

Word to the wise. I just got off the phone with Suzuki Brea and they say if you order a master cylinder out of your own pocket, the part you order is not guaranteed to be the revised safer part, but just a copy of the old model that you're taking off the bike already.

Anyone got a line on a Brembo?. I'm certainly not taking my bike to the local dealership here in Las Vegas.

I have repaired many bikes that have come "repaired" from our local dealerships in my local groups.

Who runs the Brembo 19 mm RCS master cylinder?.

Last edited:
Word to the wise. I just got off the phone with Suzuki Brea and they say if you order a master cylinder out of your own pocket, the part you order is not guaranteed to be the revised safer part, but just a copy of the old model that you're taking off the bike already.

Anyone got a line on a Brembo?. I'm certainly not taking my bike to the local dealership here in Las Vegas.

I have repaired many bikes that have come "repaired" from our local dealerships in my local groups.

Who runs the Brembo 19 mm RCS master cylinder?.

I have the MC19 with a core motor line going directly to the front, no abs. Way better if a lever feel and stopping performance.

Parts are in but weather not kind to me first snow and now heavy rains with high wind
has anyone else received a second notice from Suzuki I have for the same recall .

DF948354-0303-4C60-AFEF-C6B2D9CDD7AC.jpeg

Got mine done today. Front brake feels weird, I hope it’s normal as I chalked it up to me being too critical. I’m the guy that takes video and pics before handing the keys over to the service guy too… they didn’t like that.

Back