December issue of Motorcyclist

Waist of an issue! Why compare a new model with the old? Of course the new will out perform the old. No need to even look at that issue.

I think you're right Haya, like I said, it's typical moto journalism that trys to sound deep and meaningful by discussing the technical changes but totally ignores 1)the 8 years of Hayabusa evolution in the aftermarket realm 2)the deep and profound impact that Gen I Busas and their owners have had...and continue to have...on motorcycling overall 3)the fact that new models don't automatically have to "replace" previous models, they can co exist with them 4)tens of thousands of Gen I owners are not going to take their "obsolete" Busas to the dump after reading this Motorcyclist article!

Coincidently, this same thing happened with the intro of the new Kawasaki KLR 650...a fine new bike...but the journalists were so superficial in their comparing the new to the old....the Gen I KLR (like the Busa) is an entire subculture of owners with a massive aftermarket of improvements and upgrades available...AND they barely spoke of that. That's my criticism...they are on the outside pretending to know the inside of the Hayabusa phenomenon. If someone wants me to say that a brand new OEM 08 Busa is an all around better bike than a brand new OEM 07 Busa....OK....it is! But that point is only a coat of paint on the world of Hayabusa. Raydog

The mail carrier is not finished reading my copy yet  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

The article lost a lot a credibility with me when they used terms like blobby, cheesy, and rides like it is tied to a post when describing the Gen I Busa. I expect that I will keep my 05 a few more years.

I sure as hell hope that a Gen II would be better than a GEN I... they had 9 years ta' make things better!!!
guns.gif

I read the article yesterday too, they even used my same year and color. It's funny how the Busa has been such a sucess over the years and now all of a sudden the Gen 1 looks obsolete! While I know it is mostly known for its performance, its physical presence has won over alot of owners (including me)! Whether stock or modded it is a sight to behold, the Gen2 is supposed to be better otherwise why even produce it? I saw a 08 up close Sunday and the rear end really doesn't look too bad in person!

Back