does anybody know what a haybusa is these days??

I don't get it? Why WOULDN'T anyone think its a 600? Hell, the new ones have a selector switch that detunes it to a 600 or 750, right? :lol:

Well I really dont have any moron stories to tell. Other than the occasonal stop light Honda v-tec engine revvers.
Guess I am just not as luck as most folks here. :laugh:

What I really love though, is were I go to school full time in Cleveland. I am usually the only white guy in most of my classes.
When the guys find out I ride, the standard question is what I ride. When they hear "Hayabusa", they just smile and nod. They know. They got respect.

I pulled into a suzuki dealer one day after buying my 2013 hayabusa from another local dealer and was asked by there head salesmen what year busa I was riding I told him the year and he said wow I've nearer seen the black one

I had a guy say wow nice bike what is it. So I say it's a Suzuki. Then he goes yeah I ride all the time, I have gixxer 1000. So I say nice mine is a HAYABUSA ! Then he says oh that's a hayabusa? obviously he has never ridden anything in his life !
omg when i had my 01 gsxr 1000 everyone had a lie about what had hey i ride a 2000 gsxr1000r1 i say reaiil i didnt know they made those ;yea its new ;so i would ask who makes it suzuki or yamaha thats when they honda and then i give them the dumdum look and tell to keep the shiney side up and thats when they give me the dumdum look

Careful, you don't see "Farm Truck" sitting in the corner of the lot do you? :laugh:

Gave me one heck of a laugh today reading this old thread...

Cannot say I have any unique stories, I've had the is that a 600, what is that, what year is that, really you ride a busa, I hear those things cant turn, why isn't it stretched?...so on and so on....all the super fast Harley riders that say their bikes can beat mine always seem to be in the shop though...too bad...

Cannot say I have any unique stories, I've had the is that a 600, what is that, what year is that, really you ride a busa, I hear those things cant turn, why isn't it stretched?...so on and so on....all the super fast Harley riders that say their bikes can beat mine always seem to be in the shop though...too bad...

Hope no one ever puts a destroyer on the street and gets a hold of ya :laugh:

dear harley owners, the Busa turns (leans) very well into corners and i highly suggest you line your "screaming' eagle" package up and sit back for a real treat. :laugh:

Theres no way your "Hayaboosta" can beat my Harley!!! I got a big azz air filter hanging off the side of my Purdy chrome engine and pipes that will rattle the fillings out your teeth :stoopid:

I've occasionally been approached by other sport bikers, but they usually know the Busa by reputation. The Harley guys look at it, but seldom make comments to me, except this once. The guy said, "So you drive a rice grinder." I said, "Yeah, that's right. You wanna race..?" He said he had somewhere he had to be, and I said "Too bad, I could use the money." It's funny that the guys who know the least about motorcycles want to know one thing, how fast does it go. Usually I just say it goes as fast as I want it to. But one guy was persistent, so I said, "Well, for three years I drove it to work everyday the weather was decent, and had it over 200 mph each time." The he said, "How many tickets did you get." And I said, "None, I was living in Germany and there's no speed limit on the autobahn."

Having had my yellow 2013 for half a year or so now, it's still funny how much attention it receives, unfortunately most of it is from unknowing non-bikers. Most of my riding is done solo, so whenever I'm in a fuel stop or having a bite to eat, there's almost always someone who comes over for a chat...and yeah, most of the comments have already been listed in previous posts, mighty funny to read thru all the same.
Anyone who asks, I just tell 'em it's a GN250...and quietly giggle as I depart the scene...:laugh:

let's not label people morons who are not knowledgeable about motorcycles. instead, let us inform and educate them in a manner which represents motorcyclists in a positive manner.

If I walked into a musical instrument store, I couldn't differentiate a $50 dollar bass guitar from a $5000 bass guitar. this doesn't make me stupid; i just don't know anything about guitars.

just something to keep in mind my motorcycle brothers. thanks for reading.

Do you start telling musicians just how good your Les Paul really is????

Great thread.

As for me, I don't mind when someone asks a genuine, curious question about my bike. I don't mind answering, even a conversation if I'm in that kinda mood. Little kids are great too - on the road, I always give them a :peace: when they look over, and I can see their excitement.. kids remember that stuff forever- I still remember "interactions" with bikers and truckers back when I was single digit ages. When stopped and a kid walks by with their parent, staring, if they stop to look, I'll offer the kid a sit.. sometimes the parents take a pic of them. I don't mind that stuff one bit.

Now the dumb$h!ts who approach (you can ALWAYS identify them by the dumb facial expression) who say "Yea I've got a Kawahondayamazukati1100gsxr1R10ZX at home, but (fill in bike alibi here)" are a different story. I will call them out every time. IF I even entertain the convo to begin with. No, you're not expected to know everything about bikes, but you ARE expected to not act like you do.

:afro:

well put bondo
ive managed to avoid morons recently but the last one was trying to pick up on a one of my lady friends at a party laying down Big Talk and how bad ass his bike was and it would go faster than anything she had been on hahaha. she said ive already been on fast bikes before and he replied, what a 600...with a smirk. i was sitting away but she came to aske me what i rode, i simply said a busa. im guessing this moron didnt know what it was bc he said he thought his cbr 1000rr would school me! so i had to lay down the challenge and the kicker was i would lay the smack down with a passenger. pulled the bike out front that was hidden between parked cars then he realized what i had and tried to play off the challenge he instigated.

There is a guy in my town that has a few Harleys and has been telling me for over a year now that his Harley will beat my busa, because it is heavier, and has a big engine, and is really loud. Well its been over a year now and he still hasn't tested his theory. I told him anytime he wants to race let me know. He stays pretty busy I guess.
His gf rode with him all the time and wanted to ride my bike because she liked sports bikes and liked to go fast. So one day I had a extra helmet with me and she wanted to ride. Before she got on I asked her if she wanted a nice easy ride or if she wanted to feel the power of real bike. haha. She said "I aint scared, I have been riding Harleys for along time, lets see what this can do." After the quick ride around town she said she never wants to get on a hayabusa again because it scared her so bad. I never got out of 3rd gear. haha. I told her I was sorry and I thought that she wanted to feel the power. Guess her idea of Harley power and busa power are totally different. Good times.

I had a guy stop and chat about my bike the other day at the gas station. Told me he used to ride and that "It's been a while since I've seen one of those!"

Told me to keep her cause she's a beauty :beerchug:

just read this, awesome. I had a guy at a stealership come out after looking at bikes and was like what kind of bike is that? I said Hayabusa. He was like who makes that Yamaha? I told him yes they do, I just chose to put Suzuki decals all over it. then he told me about his Ninja he used to have. I asked what model he said the crotch rocket one. Priceless.

Reminds me of 6 years ago before i got my 08 busa.. I had my 97 cbr 1100 Blackbird at the local cruze night and i man rolled up on a 06 busa. He asked me what year it was and i said "97". He then asked me what body i had on it, I said "its the stock body". Then he said " theres no way thats a stock busa body". I was like " its a stock body for a 1997 HONDA Blackbird cbr 1100". He said "Oh its a honda. i thought it was a busa". LOL some people kill me.

Back