Double Bubble D\'oh!!

Just got mine Monday took about 5 min to put on.I think it makes the Busa look different...not better not worse ,different.I guess I`ll get use to it.Don`t know how well it works cause my bike is in pieces.

Sorehead, It doesn't take long to swap the screens, especially if your using a better array of tools vs. the stock tools and your fingers.

The two rubber grommets that hold the windscreen though . . . I'm not sure how long they'd last if the screens were changed often. If it's easy to find replacements though, no big deal.

A new note to report on the DB. I have a slight buzz that hits occassionally that is the screen. I haven't been able to tie it definitively to any particular RPM, and it's not there most of the time. I figure when I get back to San Diego I'll take the screen off, and put the electrical tape on some of the contact points to take care of it.

My original windscreen did not generate a vibration noise, though I remember many people reporting they had that problem.

The rain broke for the first time this weekend and I got out with my new ZG DB, although on damp roads in 48 degree weather. Like so many others here I am VERY impressed.

On a 320 kph (200 mph indicated) run I could easily get my eyes behind the screen and see everything perfectly in quiet air. Excellent optics and good visibility even on a densely overcast dark day, even though it's a smoke tinted screen and I had sunglasses (Serengeti Drivers) on.

I was amazed to see that my severe jacket flapping problem is all but eliminated at high speed. This tells me the higher canopy is building a much larger calm zone around me.

It's great to see all the instruments. Not being able to read instruments is a design flaw and this screen solves it with flying colors.

I notice the reduced wind blast on the chest, but can't see how it's "quieter" like many of you have reported.

Plus I love the look of it. I've put bright gold edging around it and it looks to me like it ought to have been the factory screen.

A+++

[This message has been edited by Dirty Pete (edited 21 November 1999).]

Just ordered mine and will get it next week, before Thanksgiving. Bike is in storage for the Buffalo winter, but I'm happy that mostly everyone is happy with theirs. I don't feel bad at all for ordering it. I just took a chance, because it had to be better than the stock windscreen blasting me in the chest. Can't wait to Mar 2000. "It's gonna be on, like a chicken bone."

soja1

Looks like you all got a great bargain for $80 ! My Kenz screen came in at $440 and does the same job !!! Oh well it does not really weigh anything and has proved to be fairly indestructible.

Hey Sore Head sorry for the long delay for a reply been working the fit of the screen is very nice and doesn't take very long to switch

Hi Richie the screen is darker than stock but the visibilty is great, At night I don't go but so fast because of visibility maybe 150 to 170 don't feel comfortable going that much more above that at night

Back