Dyno Tune today

karnage

Registered
Had the bike tuned today.Pretty pleased.160.14HP and 96 lb torque.Picked up 5HP after the tune with the yosh.Nels Byrodorf with 2wheeldynotune does a nice job.Full on rolling bike dyno, fans everything.Premium Custom Cycles in Lakewood WA.Heavy busa guys.Nels was impressed with the outcome being its a 6" stretch.So now what to do get more out of it.Have a new airfilter coming

What kind of filter ? Been some testing done that shows the stock air filter is very good. Some brands actually cost you a little performance. Do a search. GPW will be the one posting a lot of these threads.

The biggest restriction in a stock Busa is the factory header.

I got a BMC coming and the shop recommends it and my tuner says it will be a little better than stock for flow.

Nels tuned mine last year and did a great job! He got me 160.95hp/101.85tq. About the same increase on hp and tq as you got.

Hey we need to get together sometime.Swing by PCC and check them out in Lakewood.Carl is a cool dude and Nels is there once a month.I think I could have gotten more HP is I wasnt stretched.

im getting mine done thursday...ill post pics and results

I have the before and after results as well.Dont have a scanner to put it on.The guy after me had an 04 with an uncorked brocks and he spiked to 166. but the tuner said it was a glitch or something.That thing was fricken loud.I am surpised the tuner even did it.

I got a BMC coming and the shop recommends it and my tuner says it will be a little better than stock for flow.

From memory the BMC or maybe BMC race flows a little better than the stocker, but as long as you have the stock header it won't matter. Input will not exceed output.

They might be the best tuners in the world or selling you parts. A dyno operator can make the dyno say whatever he wants.

Best of luck with it.

Back