Echr summer ride 2006 official thread

Well after reviewing the weather forcast, I will go as far as Bob can handle it.  If rain is eminant, we will most likely head back.
Understood ... we are standing by for Warren (Ride Leader) to make the call to postpone to the rain date of 29 July. If we don't hear anything different from him ... the ride is still on for tomorrow.

6:00 AM and partly cloudy / foggy outside in Charles Town. Forecast calls for warm and humid day with 30% chance for scattered thunderstorm. We might run into a little water sometime during the day, but the ride is still on. Come on, I always thought that "never seen rain" description in the classified ads was for posers anyway.
smile.gif
. Let's ride!

I am up and willing. My wife dosnt like me to ride longer trips alone so If Bobby doesnt go I will have to bail out.

I used to ride in the Snow in Upstate NY so the never seen rain description is not me.

Crud well I didnt make it. Bobby bailed out so here I sit. I will have to catch you at the Solomons ride. I will just have to head out on my own.
sad.gif

Great ride! warbrown will post pics I'm sure. Great to meet all of you and I look forward to the next ride!

Great ride!  warbrown will post pics I'm sure.  Great to meet all of you and I look forward to the next ride!
I looked all over Gettysburg for this band of outlaw haybausas with NO sucess. You guys mnust've did that auto tour at a record pace!!!!! I held 50 mph through most of it while cutting traffic and still couldn't catch up.

Great ride!  warbrown will post pics I'm sure.  Great to meet all of you and I look forward to the next ride!
I looked all over Gettysburg for this band of outlaw haybausas with NO sucess. You guys mnust've did that auto tour at a record pace!!!!! I held 50 mph through most of it while cutting traffic and still couldn't catch up.
Somebody said you need to invest in a cellular phone!
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
ya know.....I thought about that. I never have a need for one any other time...but yep would had come in handy here. We waited at the visitor's center for an hour after we did the tour to make sure we didn't pass you on one of the side roads or maybe if you went for gas or something.......didn't see a single hayabusa all day long.

Man that was one great ride!!!!!
DJ you are my hero! Thanks for hanging back with the slowpoke. And for the milkshake. I need to ride with you guys more often, never thought I would do 110 on a highway.
We made it back just before nightfall, another thing I don't do, night riding. Warren teased me about all the no no's I have, don't like gravel nor slow tight turns. But I made it, and I'm thrilled we went.
The little downpour we had was refreshing. Could not have asked for better company, I could go on and on. But I just did.
Barbara

Thanks and I'm glad you all made it home safely and BEFORE dark
smile.gif
I love your Busa ... the custom paint scheme is awesome ... I've got to look for the pics you posted. We are already starting to plan the next ride and you all had better be there!! Oh yeah and I love your Busa ... did I say that already?!

laugh.gif
ya know.....I thought about that. I never have a need for one any other time...but yep would had come in handy here. We waited at the visitor's center for an hour after we did the tour to make sure we didn't pass you on one of the side roads or maybe if you went for gas or something.......didn't see a single hayabusa all day long.
Gary ... after we started ridng and saw just how long the auto tour was ... we suspected we might miss you. We did ride by the visitors center twice hoping you'd think of that and then we ended up right across the street from it at Friendly's ... then back to the visitor's center once again as we left around 6:30
sad.gif
... sorry we missed you.

Hey what happened to the last half of the group on Snickersville? I believe 5 poeple only made it past me...so I back tracked to make sure everone was ok...didn't see anyone..?

Hey what happened to the last half of the group on Snickersville? I believe 5 poeple only made it past me...so I back tracked to make sure everone was ok...didn't see anyone..?
Well ... see what had happened was .... we missed the turn-off from Hwy 50 to Snickerville Pike ... turned around in Middleburg and caught up as the group waited for us at the other end of the pike
sad.gif

laugh.gif
Gary ... after we started ridng and saw just how long the auto tour was ... we suspected we might miss you. We did ride by the visitors center twice hoping you'd think of that and then we ended up right across the street from it at Friendly's ... then back to the visitor's center once again as we left around 6:30
sad.gif
... sorry we missed you.
6:30!!!! Friendly's?!!!!!! Now that Sucks!!!! I was basically staring at you the whole time and didn't know.

My thanks to all for a great ride. It started off a bit rough with my flat tire and the ensuing "Brokeback Busa" ride back to my house, but turned out OK afterall. I'm sorry I didn't get to tour Middleburg with DJ's pack, but it was fun visiting with everyone on the side of the road instead. The action got a bit rough at times (John's lowside, Fred's pulled hamstring from the jumps, and Matthew's crushed jewels from the jumps) but it was sure a lot of fun. Barbara got plenty of chances to practice her U-turns, high speed runs, and even got to try out a 5 mph hairpin turn which I know she particularly enjoyed. Here are some pics of our adventure.

www.warrenbrown.com images missing

<!--EDIT|warbrown
Reason for Edit: None given...|1153076137 -->

Back