Epoxy, Screens, Beer, Busa, and a Dremel

fstAZfk

Donating Member
Registered
well after about a month of staring at my screens, the time came i decided to put them ON the bike... so i put the ball in mschvis173's court and tell him to get up with me when he's ready. So yesterday was finally the day.. here comes the pics as you all love to see....

<!--EDIT|fstAZfk
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123168598 -->

DwizScreen.JPG

So, beer helps out in these situations then...I've been missing that valuable piece of the pie...
tounge.gif

Screens look good guys...real good...
cool.gif

I used SOOOOOO much more silicone than that...feeling kind of silly now...
laugh.gif

alright folks the screens came from RPM9001. PREFORMED and EASY to install, just a pain in the arse messin with epoxy. Stuff was NASTY, oh and do NOT use the epoxy that mixes at it is released from the tube, that shid's like water. Mix the epoxy yourself. All in all we had fun, took us a hell of a lot longer than we expected, but good times no DOUBT!
cool.gif

So, beer helps out in these situations then...I've been missing that valuable piece of the pie...
tounge.gif

Screens look good guys...real good...
cool.gif

I used SOOOOOO much more silicone than that...feeling kind of silly now...
laugh.gif
Yep, def. need the beer. Thanks Va! Was wandering if we used enough tack, but seems to hold up fine. Time will tell. We also purchased the Silicone as well. Kind of a back up plan if you will

40__s.gif
all_coholic.gif
drink.gif
drinka.gif
drooling3.gif
and you never go wrong, just dont
race.gif
afterwards..

<!--EDIT|fstAZfk
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123168877 -->

Looks good. I used the red tube GOOP for mine. Has held up for over a year now. Thanks for sharing the pics. And it's always nice to celebrate doing something to the Busa!
biggrin.gif

Now thats MY KINDA PROJECT... especially the beers.
smile.gif
I bought a whole roll of screen from Home Depot for $3.67 enough to do 5 bikes or more and recently bid on a pre cut set from ebay for $20, thinking they were better, thicker, shiny-er.... well the arrived a little bent and it's the exact same stuff I already have!
mad.gif

Oh well cheap lesson I guess.
sad.gif

Good choice in brew! The screens look great, definately something I am going to need to do on mine.

Back