feels like wrong gear when starting

phantm

Registered
Odd thing began yesterday when coming home from work. Started the bike in the parking garage and it sounded a little different. I actually blipped the throttle cause it just sounded 'off'. But it was running, not shuddering in idle (at about 1250). Backed the bike out, went into gear and pulled away. But when I pulled away, you knokw when you are in 2nd, or you dont get the throttle/clutch right and it gives you those first couple of bucks until speed is increased, well it did that.
Really no big thing I thought cause hey sometimes you miss that sweet throttle roll on. But I got to the car reader to get out. Bike in neutral, scanner and drove through the gate and onto the road same miss once again. Then it happened at each one of the lights that I had to stop at.
Drive home only take 15-20 minutes. Its mostly all city, so I drove it in second most of the way, but when I was in first and around 6-7k revs it sounded different, and the exchaust sounded different.

I'd love to explain what different sounds like, and while I was driving I was trying to come up with a way to describe it but I couldnt. Its not a terrible as missing cylinder, but its more like one or more is firing just slightly off.

Added information in case it helps :
- 2006 Limited edition hayabusa
- Power commander 3 usb - with map for exhaust and air filter
- Engine was rebuilt last year after catastrophic failure and is basically all new parts
- 1/4 to 1/8 tank of gas in it when this happened, High test gas used only
- oil level check and up to full

Thanks all :)
Jon

Back