Finally got into the Nines! Hurray!

OB_JRBusa

Registered
Year 1995 I was runnilng 8.80's on my bracket bike. Sold it in 1996. 4 years later I am finally in the nines again. Decided I wasn't gonna see nines stock so I lowered it in the rear and installed the Brock Mod. Also installed the manual tensioner. Run consistent high nines low 10's all night. Still not getting the 60 ft. times I wanted so guess I will need more practice. Track seemed to be hooking fairly well to be a street car practice night. No pro cars at all, alot of dirt on track cause of treaded tires. That tensioner really helped but I still gotta long way to go.
Jay R Hammock

JRBusa

2 of us over here in UK have installed manual tensioners. I thought it was just me, but DaveD agrees. The performance of the bike gets better. Do you think the auto tensioner and the 'spongy' 1/8 - 1/4 inch at end is anything to do with it?? We dicussed the possibility that it might be to close the valves sooner on deceleration,and open later, thus letting more fuel be burnt and lower emissions..... what do you think??

Nuts

No, actually I was being sarcastic about the tensioner helping performance. It was the Brock mod and lowering that helped my e.t.. The tensioner was just there for the ride.
Jay R Hammock

If your stock tensioner is functioning properly there should be no noticable difference in performance if any when switching over to manual.

Back