Finally making front rack

Bigboy Busa2

Donating Member
Registered
Thinking about this for a few years. Always wanted my fuel cell up front but was debating in or external. Im going standalone now and want my battery up front also. Add sensors and relay/wiring its going to be looking wild but mostly dont want to be clustered. Main want is to refill without taking bodywork off like I have too now. So its front rack fuel cell or tank in the arm. It's going to be the arm. No fuel lines going through frame and down the side of the motor. I'll deal with that later keeping under tank for now. But fuel rack problem solved. Thought some might get a kick out of my fab work. Hope I don't have too many versions. When it's a one off and no jig I'm putting some time in. Will keep updated as I go

20240831_184407.jpg

20240831_184416.jpg

20240904_194547.jpg

20240904_194917.jpg

And before anyone ask the ft550 in the picture isn't for sale until my other arrives. Then it's up to the highest bidder

Stole the studs off a front rack from a bike I wrecked in 2012. Using the front cause its just the plastic, the grudge bodywork would be impossible to get tolerance from

20240907_181856.jpg

20240907_181835.jpg

My 2 cents
Welds look good, I wish I could weld aluminum-one day I’ll buy a tig
Design looks good
I like it

Something to be aware of, the fueltech has a accelerometer/gyrometer thing built in and the instructions say for it to work best u have to mount it using the rubber isolation studs, u can’t hard mount it. So that may change your clearances cuz it makes it stick up half an inch higher than if u just mount it flat.

My 2 cents
Design looks good
I like it

Something to be aware of, the fueltech has a accelerometer/gyrometer thing built in and the instructions say for it to work best u have to mount it using the rubber isolation studs, u can’t hard mount it. So that may change your clearances cuz it makes it stick up half an inch higher than if u just mount it flat.
The hole is bigger than the 550. Putting plate over all of it and have the total area for the 2 connectors. Inside lt and rt will hold basket for battery (6" wide). Using anti gravity but big enough if I switch to full spectrum. Hopefully get to tomorrow. Thanks for the tip.

My 2 cents
Design looks good
I like it

Your 550 fits right in.

20240915_105542.jpg

Back