front brake bleeding WTF?

rpm9001

Donating Member
Registered
I'm changing the front brake fluid on my 02, When I put the Mighty vac on the left side, it pulls fluid from the master on the right clip on... What could I be doing wrong? 2 k miles on the bike. Any Ideas?

Thanks...

I don't guess I understand the question. Where are you expecting it to pull the fluid from?

Is this a trick question?
lol1.gif

It's suppose to pull the fluid from the master cylinder. You do intend to change the fluid, right?

Sorry it is not pulling fluid... I'm not getting any fluid. Even pulled the bleeder screw and made sure it was not plugged. The left caliper is fine, Nothing from the right. Looks like I may have to pull it apart.

Yes, cap off. I have it open and will see if gravity will magicaly drain it. I have done this many times on other busas and bikes, I cant figure why it will not flow. Bleed screw is actualy out. I will post tomorrow and see what happens..

Thanks

Yes, cap off. I have it open and will see if gravity will magicaly drain it. I have done this many times on other busas and bikes, I cant figure why it will not flow. Bleed screw is actualy out. I will post tomorrow and see what happens..

Thanks
Well if bleed screw is already out then there's no need to try to gravity feed since it all would have already come out.
Something is apparently clogged.
Take the brake line off and see if you can blow through it.
rock.gif

Was going to say something similar to brendanp, but just loosen the screw and see if any fluid flows. Or you can try forcing fluid from the caliper end to see if it comes out of the master cylinder.

I'll ask the obvious ... Have you un-screwed the right side..and left the Left side tightened.. then tried a gravity drop .? .. if so ..try having someone ..pump the line up ( 5 pumps ).. and releasing only the rightside bleedscrew with pressure on line .. ( with cap off ) and ...ooh so easy on the pumping..( it will make a mess) ..again I'm asking the obvious.. ( and like BBSB typed ... try blowing air pressure thru the caliper and then the line .. work from bottom up .. ) .

This is gonna get messy. Make sure you take all your nearby plastics off the bike first.

--Wag--

Boy howdy, the easy bleeders work soooooooooooooo good for this! I have em on all my bikes!

Back