Front Sprocket Question

youre saying one will gain more torque over the other. I didn't say anything about top speed per gear but if your correct one gearing change vs the other should net real world performance. Ex. Higher trap speeds or hitting a certain speed sooner. My implication is there is no noticeable difference between one or the other. The final drive if the same is the same. So if your correct why wouldn't everyone run the largest front sprocket and run a dinner plate out back. Since only the larger rear sprocket can yield any gains.
Posted via Mobile Device

youre saying one will gain more torque over the other. I didn't say anything about top speed per gear but if your correct one gearing change vs the other should net real world performance. Ex. Higher trap speeds or hitting a certain speed sooner. My implication is there is no noticeable difference between one or the other. The final drive if the same is the same. So if your correct why wouldn't everyone run the largest front sprocket and run a dinner plate out back. Since only the larger rear sprocket can yield any gains.
Posted via Mobile Device

They each have pros and cons. The larger rear is better for what he is trying to accomplish. I've stated my reasons and given examples in the previous post.
Everyone would run the dinner plate out back if they could add enough extra rpm's to the engine, but unfortunantly that can't be done.
I'll just agree to disagree.:beerchug:

Back