Fun at the Harley Dealer

TheDude27

Donating Member
Registered
Just got done doing a ride for charity that ended up at the local Harley dealership.  As I pulled in on the Busa I noticed that they were doing free Dyno runs so clearly I needed to get on that.  Went over talked to a few ppl, and signed the release.  The Dyno tech was laughing about not being able to get the bike in with my hard bags on I told them they come of in about 10 seconds so it wont be a problem.

I ride her in, get her strapped in (front strap only, which I was wondering about). One of the younger employees came over and started asking what "they"(I assumed he meant the dealership) told you it made. I said not sure but I expect around mid 150's.  He proceeds to tell me "I doubt it will pull over 130ish" so I asked him if he wants to make a wager on that..after pulling out his wallet and seeing that I was serious he decided to withdraw the offer  
biggrin.gif

So they close the door and I go around to the little window where you can see into the room. About this time a crowd starts gathering to see the mythical Hayabusa make a dyno pull. Tech rolls it up into first, second, third the tire brakes loose as he's just getting it up into top gear...4th, 5th, 6th he rolls it down to about 3500 and prepares to make the run.  Then holds the throttle wide open and she starts her climb.  The only thing I can see is what appears to be wheel speed on the computer monitor inside the room and we watch it climb 100...120...150...160..hits the yellow on the dyno and the rear wheel starts to hop a bit so the tech backs out a little and then back on...170...dial on the dyno now into the red...180..tech backs off... with a grin on his face and backs it down to 3500 again..time for one more pass.  Cracks it wide open again same thing at about 150-160mph the back starts hopping again...pulled again to about 180... I can see the 2 guys in the Dyno area saying what looked like  "holy Sh*t"...   rolled it out and look at the printout which shows 156.98hp measured 162 corrected hp. I was informed the nearest competition for the day was mid 120's. The crowd is now talking amongst themselves, and lots ppl are coming up and asking about the bike...then the kid comes over and says "well looks like I was wrong, nice bike"...  
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Damn I love this bike!!!!! Had a blast today and now I have a baseline for my mods.

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Just got done doing a ride for charity that ended up at the local Harley dealership.  As I pulled in on the Busa I noticed that they were doing free Dyno runs so clearly I needed to get on that.  Went over talked to a few ppl, and signed the release.  The Dyno tech was laughing about not being able to get the bike in with my hard bags on I told them they come of in about 10 seconds so it wont be a problem.

I ride her in, get her strapped in (front strap only, which I was wondering about). One of the younger employees came over and started asking what "they"(I assumed he meant the dealership) told you it made. I said not sure but I expect around mid 150's.  He proceeds to tell me "I doubt it will pull over 130ish" so I asked him if he wants to make a wager on that..after pulling out his wallet and seeing that I was serious he decided to withdraw the offer  
biggrin.gif

So they close the door and I go around to the little window where you can see into the room. About this time a crowd starts gathering to see the mythical Hayabusa make a dyno pull. Tech rolls it up into first, second, third the tire brakes loose as he's just getting it up into top gear...4th, 5th, 6th he rolls it down to about 3500 and prepares to make the run.  Then holds the throttle wide open and she starts her climb.  The only thing I can see is what appears to be wheel speed on the computer monitor inside the room and we watch it climb 100...120...150...160..hits the yellow on the dyno and the rear wheel starts to hop a bit so the tech backs out a little and then back on...170...dial on the dyno now into the red...180..tech backs off... with a grin on his face and backs it down to 3500 again..time for one more pass.  Cracks it wide open again same thing at about 150-160mph the back starts hopping again...pulled again to about 180... I can see the 2 guys in the Dyno area saying what looked like  "holy Sh*t"...   rolled it out and look at the printout which shows 156.98hp measured 162 corrected hp. I was informed the nearest competition for the day was mid 120's. The crowd is now talking amongst themselves, and lots ppl are coming up and asking about the bike...then the kid comes over and says "well looks like I was wrong, nice bike"...  
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Damn I love this bike!!!!! Had a blast today and now I have a baseline for my mods.
Ah man that story just brought a grin to my face from ear to ear.

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

they didn't strap the azz down ? weird.

they checked for HP in 6th ? weird. I thought it was fourth.

Most of the Harley guys respect the Busa, But it's still nice to prove a point to em' every now and then
biggrin.gif

Heck, clean their clocks with a quiet stocker...........................

I always wonder why they have to have straight pipes, they don't make any power anyway
laugh.gif

they didn't strap the azz down ?  weird.

they checked for HP in 6th ?  weird. I thought it was fourth.
All the other bikes were HARDLEYS....so heavy that they didn't need to be strapped. Plus they were only hittin' mid 120's

Dyno run is usually fourth gear pull....I've heard that if you do it in fifth or sixth that you will get a higher reading.

hehe. they had to squeeze every last HP outta them harleys to prevent a full out riot when those asshats realized they paid $20large for a 60hp POS.

No need to strap a harley.. most i've been on had trouble lighting the rear tire up in an oily spot

Um if he dyno'd it in 6th they robbed ya. You ever see him again, tell him the reason bikes dyno low for him is because he doesn't know how to dyno the darn bike.

Back