Fun at the Harley Dealer

man too bad you didn't have a boosted bike there to show em what insane power is.

Um if he dyno'd it in 6th they robbed ya. You ever see him again, tell him the reason bikes dyno low for him is because he doesn't know how to dyno the darn bike.
educate me, I am a dyno knucklehead!!!!
should had been pulled in 4th. if it was a turbo bike and its kept breaking loose he should had done 5th as a last resort. Rear should been strapped down also.

You want the bike making its powerband. Not lugging it in 6th in a low speed roll on. Remember 6th isn't really in its powerband till over 130+.

Um if he dyno'd it in 6th they robbed ya. You ever see him again, tell him the reason bikes dyno low for him is because he doesn't know how to dyno the darn bike.
educate me, I am a dyno knucklehead!!!!
should had been pulled in 4th. if it was a turbo bike and its kept breaking loose he should had done 5th as a last resort. Rear should been strapped down also.

You want the bike making its powerband. Not lugging it in 6th in a low speed roll on. Remember 6th isn't really in its powerband till over 130+.
Yea, the guy asked me how many gears it had and I'm pretty sure it was 6th since it took it a while to pull off the low end. If it was 4th I'm almost sure it would have gotten up there faster and I think the back really would of had problems. Also if that dial (granted I could barely read it through the window) was correct It had to be 6th. The dyno was a dynojet and I dont know if not getting at a plug wire (I didnt feel like pulling fairings off/etc and I wasnt sure how big of a deal it was)made any difference in what gear they pulled it.

If anyone is doubting the story I'll take a pic of the sheet (it only has HP no map or torque #'s since I didn't disassemble the bike) and post it.

BTW, for those that dyno reguarly what is the easiest way to gain access to a plug wire Right/Left fairing can I get it somehow under the tank??

I love stories like that!
biggrin.gif

Great story..... I was at a buds when his super hot neigbor walked in and asked "whos Bus"? This chick is a bud girl and is smoking! Shes grins and says thats the only bike other than a harley Id lime to ride on. I told her once she tried she'd never go back..... damn I should have followed up on that offer. sj

Just down the road from where I live is a repair and parts shop called "H-D Only"
laugh.gif

They had their annual open house barbecue, etc last weekend. So there are all these weekend warriors standing around drinking beer and wearing leather chaps.

I come to the intersection where the place is at...and I swear I heard the music screech to a halt...and ever head turn and a few double-takes as I take off (from the intersection it it 25 to a 55), and loft the front wheel.

I just smiled in my helmet knowing that 90% of them were biting their tongue, knowing that I was on a FAR superior beast.

biggrin.gif

Back