Gen3 (2023 model) irregular sound

Hello,

First maintenance took place at 1300 km, then by 6300 km I noticed an irregular sound and rushed to the garage to have oil replaced, not waiting to reach 7000 km.
The used oil was found transparent and good of course and the mechanic could not hear anything irregular with the engine's sound.
Since I have mounted cameras with sound recording too, I will let you see and hear, then tell me if I am right.
I am practicing u-turns, at idle speed 1st gear, sometimes hitting the brake to achieve full-lock, some times not.
The irregulatity however (like losing strokes...) does not happen when I hit the brake.
Before 6300 km it sounded never like that. What do you think?

thanks

It sounds normal to me, these bikes don't like to idle around like that to begin with...not sure what the difference is between before 6300kms and after but it sounds like mine does when idling around in a parking lot.

I recall my old GSXR would buck and chuck at low speeds like that....it definitely didn't like to be idled around-I blamed that on the fuel map which was slightly on the rich side at low rpms.

I'de recognize that sound anywhere!
It's a 4 cylinder, 16 valve Suzuki!
What gave it away?
That exhaust note, with underlying chatter, like gremlins with hammers, with that floaty ufo background sound.
Gotta love it!
lol
Yep, Suzuki makes a noisy engine and always has.....

Surprisingly the engine in '86 pop up Katana I had was the quietest one I owned....

Huh, you think the busa is noisy, the 2017 BWM 1000RR is so noisy and hot. Had to stay in a somewhat turned position to keep from getting burned. Have to admit though, it is so light like pushing a bicycle out of the garage. It also had an oil leak from the oil pan. It wasn't leaking from a gasket though, it was sweating through I guess an over-porous metal like it was sweating out. BMW wouldn't do anything about it. It did eventually stop.

The Bandit 1200 oil cooled my friend bought a few weeks ago, it has a Micron slipon...and that same Suzuki sound...

Huh, you think the busa is noisy, the 2017 BWM 1000RR is so noisy and hot. Had to stay in a somewhat turned position to keep from getting burned. Have to admit though, it is so light like pushing a bicycle out of the garage. It also had an oil leak from the oil pan. It wasn't leaking from a gasket though, it was sweating through I guess an over-porous metal like it was sweating out. BMW wouldn't do anything about it. It did eventually stop.
Never said that, instead, I am the proud owner of the most discreet and civilized motorbike in the region! I always enjoy riding quietly and fast through, whereas others just prove waking the dead in very low speed areas!

I listened to your video again, but this time on a good sound system, rather than my phone.

Could be that there is a rumbling, maybe 150 - 200 hz in the background.

Would you mind to describe exactly what it is you are hearing?

Below is my Gen2, I was filming new tire runout, but you can listen, there is no low frequency sound in the background.

If anything, old oil would not cause that.

I listened to your video again, but this time on a good sound system, rather than my phone.

Could be that there is a rumbling, maybe 150 - 200 hz in the background.

Would you mind to describe exactly what it is you are hearing?

Below is my Gen2, I was filming new tire runout, but you can listen, there is no low frequency sound in the background.

If anything, old oil would not cause that.

No, it is a irregularity on the number of strokes per minute, as if losing some and catching up soon thereafter, something it did NOT do earlier. But as so many people did not notice anything unusual, I will skip it. Besides I am not a mechanic myself, amateur or otherwise.

No, it is a irregularity on the number of strokes per minute, as if losing some and catching up soon thereafter, something it did NOT do earlier. But as so many people did not notice anything unusual, I will skip it. Besides I am not a mechanic myself, amateur or otherwise.

That is actually a really good description of Suzuki's sound...but it's still normal
lol

Back