Gen3 Luggage Options

View attachment 1666679

I use a Hepco&Becker topcase for commuting. Decided in favour of this instead of the Givi because
- The box stick out back somewhat less
- The supports look somewhat sturdier on the H&B - this may mean nothing as both manufacturers limit them to 5kg/130km/h. I have disregarded both restrictions without problem.
- The whole setup (rack, plate, box) was somewhat cheaper.
- Liked the look of the H&B 55l box better. The new Givi V58NN MAXIA 5 doesn't look half bad, but it wasn't available when I ordered.

By SW Motech side panniers you mean the Pro Blaze pair? On my previous GSX-S1000 I had good experience with them. When not needed you can take them off with barely anything remaining on the bike. Didn't buy them for this bike because I wanted something different and on the factory pictures they look like they'd chafe the hell out of the fat ass of the Busa. Don't know for sure, never saw in person.

For longer tours with many highway miles I use a Kriega US40 expandable tailpack. Sits on the backseat nicely, doesn't influence the handling of the bike like a big topbox does (especially in crosswinds) and there is no weigth or speed limit.

View attachment 1666680

I also recommend Kriega. I am using US-20 and 2xUS-10 on sides. Nice thing is: the bags do not touch the plastic. It is easy to put on/off and is very solid on high speeds.

IMG_7552.jpeg

Goes to show just how versatile these bikes are......

Too bad Suzuki didn't make a dedicated tour bike based on the Hayabusa chassis like Kawasaki did with the Concours.....
I'd be inline to buy one provided Suzuki didn't de-tune the engine like Kawasaki did with the C14. I think the C14 is only putting out around 160 HP while the ZX14 is right at 200 and 40 HP is a big difference

Detuned ZX14 engine in a Concours is a bit of a stretch, as the 2 share little more than displacement and some design cues in the cases and block.
The ZX14 has forged internals, different cams, different vvt, head, throttle bodies, transmission, etc.
The late model Suzuki GsxS1k vs the '05/'06 GsxR1k follows much the same as well.
When people generally think 'Detuned' it is commonly mistaken as the same engine, only with different cams and ecu settings, when in reality, they are only based on a similiar design.
I would be all for a more upright/touring style Busa with the same engine, but Suzuki knows that the masses aren't ready for that(why an ecu flash wakes them up so much now, as they are electronically limited to make them more user friendly to people not able to handle the power), and that they would have to re-do most of the engine to make it functional and cost effective for the market...a market that like most of motorcycling anymore, sadly isn't there.

Detuned ZX14 engine in a Concours is a bit of a stretch, as the 2 share little more than displacement and some design cues in the cases and block.
The ZX14 has forged internals, different cams, different vvt, head, throttle bodies, transmission, etc.
The late model Suzuki GsxS1k vs the '05/'06 GsxR1k follows much the same as well.
When people generally think 'Detuned' it is commonly mistaken as the same engine, only with different cams and ecu settings, when in reality, they are only based on a similiar design.
I would be all for a more upright/touring style Busa with the same engine, but Suzuki knows that the masses aren't ready for that(why an ecu flash wakes them up so much now, as they are electronically limited to make them more user friendly to people not able to handle the power), and that they would have to re-do most of the engine to make it functional and cost effective for the market...a market that like most of motorcycling anymore, sadly isn't there.
Thanks for the detailed explanation between the C14 and ZX14 engine but like I said I would be standing in line today to buy a Suzuki sport touring bike built around the Busa engine with the same HP/torque. There's probably not a big market for a Busa sport touring bike but with so many Busa riders modifying their bikes to be sport touring machines maybe Suzuki could turn a small profit. BMW did it with the S1000XR, Kawasaki with the H2SXSE and KTM just boosted performance of the 1290 SDGT to just under 200 HP so there's a niche market at least.

Thanks for the detailed explanation between the C14 and ZX14 engine but like I said I would be standing in line today to buy a Suzuki sport touring bike built around the Busa engine with the same HP/torque. There's probably not a big market for a Busa sport touring bike but with so many Busa riders modifying their bikes to be sport touring machines maybe Suzuki could turn a small profit. BMW did it with the S1000XR, Kawasaki with the H2SXSE and KTM just boosted performance of the 1290 SDGT to just under 200 HP so there's a niche market at least.

I agree with you, but Suzuki has really went downhill in recent years.
I don't look for them to make anything good from here on out, at least not without a u-turn in management...they won't even fix the issues the Gen3 has.

Don’t think we’ll ever know the answer to that.
Suzuki tried with the GSX1000GT......not sure how it's sales are....I've never seen one on the street or at a dealership though...

The Hayabusa is a hard sell and a niche market....most likely Suzuki didn't see a profit in making a GT out of it......

Back