Got bit by Police Dog!

ouch....now you can say you were man enough to take the dog bite test and not just the tazer.......:laugh:

ouch....now you can say you were man enough to take the dog bite test and not just the tazer.......:laugh:
lol yea we were talkn about that the other day sayn chit if the dept makes you get hit by the taser to feel its wrath one shud also hav to bit by the dog....:laugh: one guy said sure but there one less police dog in the police dept cause he wudda shot the dam thing.

the funny thing is I've probably had 5-6 ppl tell me they wud hav shot the dog if he didn't release but that thought really never even entered my mind but if it was a stray that was latched onto me that wud hav been a different story. I jus don't know if I cud bring myself to shoot a dog or any animal for that matter except for maybe the two-legged ones....:whistle:

So did they quarantine the dog? Sounds like that dog should have never been on duty if it doesn't follow commands, and its well known that it doesn't follow commands. Good thing there wasn't any kids around that he might have decided would have tasted better the you.

Dogs on paid leave pending an internal affairs investigation.
Seems he may have been paid to do it. :whistle:

lol yea we were talkn about that the other day sayn chit if the dept makes you get hit by the taser to feel its wrath one shud also hav to bit by the dog....:laugh: one guy said sure but there one less police dog in the police dept cause he wudda shot the dam thing.

the funny thing is I've probably had 5-6 ppl tell me they wud hav shot the dog if he didn't release but that thought really never even entered my mind but if it was a stray that was latched onto me that wud hav been a different story. I jus don't know if I cud bring myself to shoot a dog or any animal for that matter except for maybe the two-legged ones....:whistle:

Just following thru on that thought. If you had shot him would you not have then been guilty of killing a cop?
K9s are considered in same light as yourself no? Seems like that would have been the worst thing you could do no?

Ouch...you should try that shock collar on, it may not be working :laugh: Slip that dog a bone once in a while.....
oh that shock collar was workn cause wen he is not in drive he responds perfect to it. I play with him all the time and train with him.

every time he hit that dam shock collar he bit down harder. I was like "stop f-en hitting the shock collar" and the handler said why and I said cause he f-en biting harder every time you do.... hard ass dog.

funny thing is he got som chithead tonite bailing out of another stolen car and he did nearly the same damage in the same location. he likes them leg hits...:thumbsup:

IMG_0282.jpg

Just following thru on that thought. If you had shot him would you not have then been guilty of killing a cop?
K9s are considered in same light as yourself no? Seems like that would have been the worst thing you could do no?
technically in the state of CT it is not considered a police officer unfortunately. there isn't even a statute that pertains to hurting or killing a police dog. it would simply fall under animal cruelty which is strange cause we injure animals all the time but their the two-legged kind....:whistle:

technically in the state of CT it is not considered a police officer unfortunately. there isn't even a statute that pertains to hurting or killing a police dog. it would simply fall under animal cruelty which is strange cause we injure animals all the time but their the two-legged kind....:whistle:

Thank you for giving me another reason the dislike that stupid state.
In Florida K9s are legally classified as officers and if a citizen/perp hits or attacks one they are charged same as if they hit a real human cop. If a criminal kills a K9 they are charged with killing a cop as well.
If one dies in line of duty they are buried with full honors next to fellow officers and their name goes on the wall same as any other officers would.

Thank you for giving me another reason the dislike that stupid state.
In Florida K9s are legally classified as officers and if a citizen/perp hits or attacks one they are charged same as if they hit a real human cop. If a criminal kills a K9 they are charged with killing a cop as well.
If one dies in line of duty they are buried with full honors next to fellow officers and their name goes on the wall same as any other officers would.
lol yea it is a stupid outrageously taxed and high cost of living state. it pays well but who cares cause it all goes to ur taxes and mortgage. the only real benefit is a hefty pension which one can then move south and live like a king with free health insurance as well.

yea CT could surely learn something from FL as far as how they classify police dogs. good for FL!

I jus gotta deal with this chitty COLD ASS and snowy weather a few more years.... somthn FL wud know nothn about fortunately for u then I'm relocating.

You didn't pull out your piece and blow that dogs brains out? Damn you're a nice cop. Ida pulled some vick mackey ****.

You didn't pull out your piece and blow that dogs brains out? Damn you're a nice cop. Ida pulled some vick mackey ****.
never crossed my mind. honestly it didn't. if it was a stray that wudda been a different story.

Do you carry a tazer as well or the handler?? That might have gotten him to release and not done lethal harm to the dog ???

Do you carry a tazer as well or the handler?? That might have gotten him to release and not done lethal harm to the dog ???
I didn't think to use that at the time but if it happens again I may cause I still have issues feeling my foot and its starting to worry me.

the problem is the handler is my closest friend and tazing a dog while he's biting someone cause he thinks he has the right person could severely damage the dogs ability to bite again.

this is a HARD dog so that probably wudnt be the case here but.... I know to the normal person that sounds ridiculous but I'm a big K9 guy and supporter of the K9 program cause I know the good it does and would have severe reservations about doing that.

if he wasn't on scene and we were in some back yard or somthn and the handler was elsewhere I wud probably have no choice.

That's pretty nasty result for a "confusion". Heal up! I'd say that dog is not suitable for service if he gets confused like that. And on top of that, does not release when the handler gives the command. I wouldn't be surprised he will get "confused" again in the future.

That's pretty nasty result for a "confusion". Heal up! I'd say that dog is not suitable for service if he gets confused like that. And on top of that, does not release when the handler gives the command. I wouldn't be surprised he will get "confused" again in the future.
yea I hear ya. the dog and handler have over 80 apprehensions in the last 4 years. thats more apprehensions then all the other K9's put together so gettn confused once in 4 years is an acceptable rate of error imo considering cops get confused weekly.....:whistle:

and as far as releasing goes hard dogs under drive just don't come right off. Ive never seen it happen. the handler always has to assist in gettn the dog off. in a perfect world they wud release immediately. in sport competitions they certainly do but their biting a jute sleeve NOT flesh with blood. whole new game wen a dog bites flesh cause then its REAL and not training.

cops respond COMPLETELY differently when they are training to fend off an aggressive suspect then they would if really fighting him on the street. dogs have adrenaline as well. cops get tunnel vision often when gettn into a pursuit but in training its much more manageable.

bottom line is when its real both a dog and a cop will react completely differently.

as you can see CT may be one of the wealthiest states in the country but its also got some of the most violent cities in America and Bridgeport is at the top of that list as well so we value our K9's greatly cause they help immensely.

http://lawstreetmedia.com/blogs/crime/10-dangerous-small/

lol yea I can take the abuse. I dish it out enough I have to....:laugh:

yea I'm sure comp will pay me somthn for this at some point. I'm just a little concerned about nerve damage. he sank his teeth pretty far in and its a small canal back behind ur knee full of nerve bundles. goin to see orthopedic next week so ill know more then I guess.
NOW I KNOW WHERE ALLLLL THE MONEY TO BUILD THIS BIKE CAME FROM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COMP SETTLEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!

makes one wonder if any other officers ever "GOT CONFUSED" and tased him...… 3 or 4 times.... just jokin brett… just a little "friendly fire"

Back