Got undertail on. Story

Lyrikz

Registered
Ok, while ago i posted pics of the undertail i got and how it looked like poop.. Here are the pics here.

well, the next day i called the guy and he wanted me to ship it back, instead, i sanded it all down and had it repainted for 40 bucks and the gentleman who sold me the part paid for it... Here are new pics of the undertail as it sits.. I didnt realize you had to cut the whole friggin rear off the bike... Crazy.. But here are some pics.. OH, and also, i sent my rims to be chromed to Sportchrome on monday and they will be here at my door this saturday.. ahaha...
heres the pics
Diyracing.com Domain Gone
Diyracing.com Domain Gone

Looking good!
smile.gif

looking great... can't wait for mine to arrive.

i just put one of those on my bike, it was sooo easy to do. and fits awesome. my brother bought a texas fairing(looks cool in the pics) but fits like poop!!!

i just put one of those on my bike, it was sooo easy to do. and fits awesome. my brother bought a texas fairing(looks cool in the pics) but fits like poop!!!
So easy to do? Hmm, well, i wouldnt go that far... If you have installed one before, the second time is absolutely 100% cake. But if you havent installed one its not as easy because you have to figure out what to cut. YOu basically have to saw alot of poop off the bike. I didnt realize how much.. There was a link about installing an undertail and the guy said to just scribe a little mark when the rear fairing is on then remove rear fairing and cut.. that was total bullshit... you have to cut about 4 inches off the back of the glove box and you have to cut about 2-3 inches on the sides.. basically you have to cut it TO the frame on the bottoms... I didnt realize it was THAT much.. but after its on, it fits great its super sturdy and i did good on the paint and body work i had to fix.. Im happy...

Only problem now is i paid an extra 60 bucks to get my chrome rims here by saturday, and i dont have the bearings yet. ahahah... do you guys know if dealerships stock the bearings or do they have to order the bearings.

Ill have pics of the rims on saturday.. Also, id like to mention it took me 6 days to get my chrome rims.. I sent them out THIS monday, they got them thursday, packaged up the swapped rims they already had and i will have my chromies by saturday.

fast turn around on the wheels.
wow.gif
ya, best way to do that is call them a week ahead of time, tell them what rims you have then they will get a set pre chromed for ya.. Then you call them with the tracking number and they get the process done and as SOON as they get your rims, they ship out the chromies... works really well.. cant wait to see em...

can anybody tell me, where that tail comes from? where i can get one? who can help me ?

And i am also lookin for ground flouresents for bikes anybody have any ideas?

Thanks in Advance

Shadow

i got mine from second-look.com and they sell them at exoticsportbikes.com there called extreme graphic mototeck desing. there about 250 i think

As for your bearing situstion I don't know if you have a King or Kings Bearing where you live but if you do you can get the bearings from them just take your old ones in so they can measure them They are cheaper than the ones fron the dealer and they are made in GERMANY you can get single side or double side open or closed (that is the referring to the rubber cover witch is only on one side of the stock bearings) and is that a Top Gun undertail? LOOK GOOD you did a very good job on it!

As for your bearing situstion I don't know if you have a King or Kings Bearing where you live but if you do you can get the bearings from them just take your old ones in so they can measure them They are cheaper than the ones fron the dealer and they are made in GERMANY you can get single side or double side open or closed (that is the referring to the rubber cover witch is only on one side of the stock bearings) and is that a Top Gun undertail?  LOOK GOOD you did a very good job on it!
Ya, i paid 219 dollars through silvio. It fits like a dream, but the paint was messed up when i got it.. He was away and i wanted him to ship it asap so he had his painter ship it without him inspecting it.. But he took care of me no problems...

Back